promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Once they were all American's friends...osama, gadhafi, saudi emperors, saddam hussain, hosni mobarak...why?

Many others are also on list like yasir arafat, mosharaff and many more...

is it coincidence?

Update:

comrade stalin: before their attacks, they were us allies...isn't it?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because we benefitted from from them.

We made money off Gadaffi - http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/04/06/libya.g...

Suadi Kings - we give weapons and oil money to - http://blogs.aljazeera.net/americas/2010/10/21/60b...

Saddam Hussein - we made money off of and gave weapons to - http://www.lizmichael.com/weapons.htm

Mobarak - http://revcom.us/a/224online/mubarak-en.html

We were friends with them all until they or their people revolted, or America felt it needed to flex its' muscle.

Source(s): I forgot to mention Osama - he was backed by the US when they fought the Soviets. I don't feel like I need to source that.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Sadam has been an enemy of the United States since the 1st Gulf War and was never to be considered an ally. Osama has been an enemy of the US since his first attacks on US embassies in Africa, and has also never been a ally of the US. We've been kissing the kingdom of Saud for as long as I can remember, nothing will change that soon.

• 9 years ago

I wouldn't put Gadhafi on the list either. We got off his *** a bit after he agreed to abandon nuclear development, but we were never really even close to being 'friends'. The Saudi King is still (unfortunately) our ally. Most of them were simple cases of 'the enemy or our enemy is our friend'. Other times we valued stability over democratic ideals. It was idiotic all around.

• 9 years ago

The American Empire is not about taking over the world like many previous empires, its about putting controllable people in positions in positions of authority. Unfortunately those people let that power go to their heads and rebel against the people that gave them power. Its that old 'power corrupts' thing, like when we backed Castro against Batista. The time has come for America to pull the plug on the Empire and take care of business at home.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Rumsfeld met with Saddam to sell weapons to him.

Osama helped get the Soviets out of Afghanistan.

Gadhafi was once anti-American, but then became friendly.

• molly
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Makes you wonder also how many time did that murdering scum Gerry Adams from the IRA visit the White house while he was ordering terrorist attacks against USA best ally Britain.

• 9 years ago

Money is the reason our country gets into any trouble, no matter who it may be. It's pretty sad that the USA aligns itself with rogue nations and corrupt empires in the name of money and/or politics. I wish we would kindly bow out of all of that and take care of business at home.

• 9 years ago

When was Qaddafi our friend? We were having trouble with him 30 years ago. Saddam Hussein as well. Do you not remember Desert Storm? We didn't attack him. Kuwait begged for our help when Hussein invaded.

• 9 years ago

Well look into the Israeli Palestine war. Most muslim nations hate Israel.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i would not include gadhafi and arafat on that list.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.