Should i risk dying my hair?

Tonight I dyed my hair medium burgundy red but decided to use a different (more expensive) dye because my prom is only 2 days away and I decided to splurge. My hair ended up kinda brassy and not burgundy at all even though it was the same color as always, just a different dye.

Should I risk dying my hair again tomorrow (the day before prom) or keep the slightly brassy hair?

Favorite Answer

Dying hair is A LOT of risk. Just for the prom? Try to be more like Kate Middleton. She's a plain girl just like when William met her @ her wedding day, so he recognize her. Dress like a Princess on a Red Carpet. Up-dos at the Oscars a DO or a DON'T?

81% say they're a DO. 19% say they're a DON'T.

~ Glamour - March 2011

Prom . . . . doesn't mean dressed your best like dying your hair, and getting a tan. Be yourself. If you want to splurge, buy a nice jewelry to wear.

When people get bored with their hair, they dye it, straighten it, then they damage their hair, instead of experimenting with styles. Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

I've responded to many girls (guys now too) under 15 experiencing in hair loss since 2009, due to hair straightening, relaxers and hair dyes. Women 60-90 have those same symptoms but it took them years to get there. But for 15 & under, giving advice here? They can't predict the future of their hairs, until they're in their 30's, but 15 & under with hair loss? C'mon! I've responded 7 in 2 hours 9-3-10, (before school started) 4 in 1hour 3-5-11 alone. Google the FDA website & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.

The hair industry is a billion dollar business, they sell products that cleans & condition the hair. They also sell products that damage and causes hair loss. They also DO NOT give money back guarantee for damaged hair or hair loss due to 'abuse'.

Keep it or you can do one of two things, to remove most of that dye. Links have been moved, might have to type them out.

1. By using Tide detergent with shampoo

Google "How to Remove Dye from Hair"

or

2. By shampooing you hair mix with a bit of Dawn.

Google "How to Use Dawn Dishwashing Liquid for Lightening Hair."

Here's an example what hair stripping will do to your hair.

It is worst than hair dyes. "I accidentally dyed my hair this awful black, stripped it, and now it is this crunchy crispy mess!"

Hair strippers are chemical treatments which are intended to strip out artificial color pigment with less risk or damage to the hair. The chemicals used are called reducing agents.

Certain 'metal' strippers containing sodium sulphoites are sold for reducing hair dyed with metallic dyes, as these dyes react violently with tint stripper containing hydrogen peroxide-the subsequent reaction may cause so much heat that the hair gets dissolved.

Example: So i just put Colour B4 on my hair to try and remove my black dye so my hair it's natural colour which is dark blonde. so i've just dried my hair and there's still dark patches on it. and in some places it's gone ginger. i have garnier pre lightener. should i use it? there's no way my hair could look worse than it is now lol.

Source(s): Google the FDA website & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's.
  • How do you like the brassy hair?

if it is a color or look you really hate, to the point that you feel really self-conscious, or like your not yourself, then dye it.

if it only looks a little weird and you feel ok, it could be risky to die it again.

just remember it should look good enough for you to not have to worry about it, but if is more effort to dye it than you would be worried about at the prom, you should not risk it as it may turn out bad.

i am not an expert in hair dye, that is just a personal opinion.

I think that you should take a risk and dye your hair but the best trick that you can do when you have mixed all the dye up add one little squirt of conditioner (mainly a white one) and then mix that it. this gives you less risk of ruining your hair and then this means that you can still apply heat and that to it so don't be worried about dying your hair, just do the conditioner trick and you will be fine, hope this helps you.

p.s. hope you have a good time at prom.

Source(s): done this loads off time.

I know how important prom is [my is coming up soon, yay!] so I'd recommend you splurge even more and get it done at the salon. You don't wanna to look back on your prom pictures 20 years from now and see copper hair

if you want to go dark than yes, you can. but if you are wanting it lighter i wouldn't advise you doing so because you can end up with a whole other mess on your hands that will take time and effort to fix.

Source(s): i am a cosmetologist. (:
  • Yea , but tell a friend that knows how to do those type of stuff cuz we really can't do everything on our own ... But yea make sure they do it right ... (: