4 pin rear fan header, but 3 pin fan?

So I was looking at my motherboard (building this computer in June) and I was exploring what all it had on it, and I realized something.

My rear fan for my case has a 3 pin connector (like the CPU fan but 3 pins), yet my motherboard has a 4 pin header for the rear fan.

Will it work correctly? Im guessing it will but I can never be too certain. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

It will work, just line up the notches on the 3 pin fan connector with the back plastic piece on the 4 pin header. I did this to add a 3rd party heat sink to my Pentium D motherboard.