Re cutting down drinking and fatty liver?

I am overweight probably cos I drink too much. I know I should stop but dont seem able to for now. If I at least cut down on my drinking and watch what fatty stuff I eat, would my liver still improve substantially, if I worked on it substantially? I know I should give up altogether but dont think I want to do this. Thank you

Favorite Answer

Good news is that the liver is a remarkable organ and can repair itself quite quickly once you stop drinking (assuming you're not so far gone that it's beyond repair but let's assume not!)

So short answer, probably yes. Cutting down on drinking will help in lots of ways, not just your liver. You might consider giving up for a while though to give your body and liver a chance to have a break and recover, and when you start again, go gently.

Good luck.

• Taylor

Fatty liver disease affects a whopping 30% of the population. That's 30 out of every 100 people! And some estimates have it at 33%.

And if you're overweight, it's even worse overweight people are extremely more likely than healthy weight individuals to develop this condition.

In other words, you're not alone. Not by a long shot.

Other fatty liver sufferers have reversed their condition, lost weight, and rediscovered their energy, using completely natural remedies. And that means you can, too!

Keep reading to discover more...