What Football Position Should I Play? Junior about to be a Senior in high school joining the football team!?

I'm 6 foot 3 or 6 foot 4 about 155 pounds or so 17 years old. Ive played 2 years of flag football back in like 4th and 5th grade but i continue to play with friends over the years and stuff. I decide to go out for the football team because we only have 17 players right now untill later this summer when the junior high moves up. Im asking the question what postion i should play. Please give me some postions i could possiby play with my body and why you say i shoud play that postion. I have been told WR, TE, and CB but yall tell me what yall think. Im starting on friday with weights and monday for Spring Practice. What postion should i go out for? Also fill free to add any tips to help me get off the ground and competive with the game. Also any specail drills or things to do to really make me competive with the team. Just fill free to tell me anything to help or add anything you want to. THANKS!

Favorite Answer

Wide Receiver if you have good hands. If not corner back. Just be able to run because that's required a lot at practice and well of course in games. Also be kind of strong to be able to get off of jams if your a WR or if your force to jam a WR if your a corner back. So just be able to run for a while. Don't get tired out easy. You'll be fine. Good Luck. =)

Source(s): WR on my high school's football team.
  • Mindy

You should find someone who plays and ask them when weight lifting is. My school lifts 2 weeks after football season then all year long. Before you join understand it will be hard as hell playing football I'm smaller then you but I'm a freshman and played this season and it was really tough especially camp it was 2 weeks before school even started 8am- 9pm it was real life hell. You get lots of respect for playing though like wearing the jersey on Fridays and much more. Football will make you a better person just remember there will be lots of hard work and times you want to quit but stick through it and you won't regret it.

A good coach will look at you and see what you skill level is and where your strengths are and he will put you where he thinks you will benefit the team the best. BE Coachable!

• Sue

LB (left bench)