Nisha asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Latin Translations NO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. 10 POINTS?

These translations are a bet with a friend, NOT LATIN HW. If I translate them correctly, I recieve 25 bucks. I dont have that kind of money and my parents are tight on cash. I really need the money and the help :) You can translate one, a few or even the ones you know. The person that translates the most recieves 10 POINTS. Thanks!

also, dont waste your time with google translate

1. Decem horas urbem oppugnaverant et Graecos, qui gravibus armis impediti sunt, vicerant.

2. Legatus qui de pace missus erat quinque milia passuum ad oppidum finitimum venit.

3. Propter fluctus in mari dux octo horas in portu manserat.

4. Brevi tempore multi Romanorum in urbem nostram converint.

5. Quis vestrum audiebat imperatorem ubi vos de victoria docebat?

6. Decem ex agricolis frumentum mille passus ad flumen portaverunt.

7. Nautae qui ad urbem venerunt naves in portu reliquerat

8. Mater mea ad agricolae villam septima hora pervenit et tres horas manebat

9.Iter faciemus multa milia pasuum ad fines nostrorum sociorum in Europa

10. Quos invenisti ubi in castra pervenisti

Thanks for your input but I have never taken Latin so this is not easy and I want answers to my question, not your opinion. You dont know me and If you have seen my life, you would know why I need the money...

Favorite Answer

Done with a knowledge of basic Latin, not Google Translate. There were one or two misspellings in the original Latin which I've corrected.

They had besieged the city for ten hours and had conquered the Greeks, who were hindered by heavy weapons.

The envoy, who had been sent about peace, came 5 miles to the neighbouring town.

The commander/general had remained for eight hours in the harbour because of turbulence in the sea.

4. Brevi tempore multi Romanorum in urbem nostram convenerint.

In a short time many of the Romans will have assembled in our city.

Who heard your commander/emperor when he taught you about victory

Ten of the farmers carried grain for a mile to the river.

The sailors who came to the city had left the ships in the harbour.

My mother arrived at the farmer's country-house at the seventh hour and remained three hours.

9.Iter faciemus multa milia passuum ad fines nostrorum sociorum in Europa

We shall journey many miles to the territories of our companions in Europe.

Who did you find when you arrived in the camp?

Source(s): 5 years' Latin at secondary school http://www.wiktionary.org/ White's Latin-English Dictionary
  • ?

Hannibal, the most well known General of the Carthaginians, after he captured a city in Spain, Saguntum whose population are ally of the Romans, organized to wage war with the Romans in Italy. Notes: notissimus - superlative of notus Carthagineinsis - Carthage cepit - perfect indicative c.u.m - could be written as cvm