Does anyone know some Death March quotes from the holocaust? or any holocaust quotes?

I need a good famous quote for my speech about death marches during the holocaust

Best Answer

Here's one:

An endless road. Letting oneself be pushed by the mob; letting oneself be dragged along by a blind destiny. When the SS became tired, they were changed. But no one changed us. Our limbs numb with cold despite the running, our throats parched, famished, breathless, on we went.

We were masters of nature, masters of the world. We had forgotten everything—death, fatigue, our natural needs. Stronger than cold or hunger, stronger than the shots and the desire to die, condemned and wandering, mere numbers, we were the only men on earth.

At last, the morning star appeared in the gray sky. A trail of indeterminate light showed on the horizon. We were exhausted. We were without strength, without illusions.

-- Elie Wiesel, "Night"

• sobota

Death Marches Facts

cool down, you psycho. you are able to believe what you desire to believe. in case you supply me adequate data and convince atleast 100000000 historians this comparable element. i might believe you. yet I do understand what your announcing and that i ought to assert. it rather is not any longer that available. yet whats up, we are people who've been taught "person-friendly" undeniable issues from an early age. What your announcing is like " a million +a million does no longer equivalent to 2" i'm sorry that's how maximum persons will pay attention you. we've been taught via society to hate Hitler for what he did throughout international conflict II because of the fact curiously it’s a prerequisite for being a stable guy or woman. Torturing and killing tens of millions of folk appears like a reprehensible element to do because of the fact it makes human beings sense undesirable, yet Hitler on my own didn’t do it. lots and various of folk chosen to help him. That’s no longer my element however. My element is that the 1st reaction human beings ought to issues is regularly emotional, and regularly, they flow without postpone from that to action. in the event that they do any questioning in any respect, it is going final and usually finally ends up in be apologetic approximately. A small share of folk are waiting to flow from feeling to questioning until eventually now action, and this could nicely be a great element to be waiting to do because of the fact it provides them the means to steer away from regrets. i will justify something I say with some background music. some sugar on-precise. yet nevertheless, human beings won't believe me or accept as true with me. So, think of roughly what your announcing. human beings can't settle for that. in spite of if i will, the common public can't.