Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

True / False : The majority of the American ADULT public have NEVER seen pictures of a bullet riddled corpse?

Favorite Answer

True, though we do watch a lot of CSI. "Oooh look, high velocity spatter from a single GSW from a large caliber weapon..."

I think they can and eventually will supply evidence without having to put out his death photo, which is by all accounts unpublishable in newspapers.

He may not be very recognizable, which would make releasing the photos of limited value.

A measured response on this may not be popular, but if the Secretary of Defense is asking the Administration not to release them, I'm satisfied.

I've got to agree with the consensus here that no good would be served by publishing pictures of Osama's bullet-ridden corpse. I certainly don't think our Muslim neighbours (whether they were for or against bin Laden) would appreciate the photos being released. Also while bin Laden may not have been a model citizen let's try to maintain a modicum of respect for the dead and not have a media field day with pictures of his corpse. Let's be honest and admit that that's the only possible reason why anyone would want to release the photos. As DPS points out, releasing the photos will certainly not quiet any of the conspiracy theorists. These same people would argue with AJ's assertion that bin Laden would have announced that he was still alive by stating that he's gone into hiding or witness protection just like they have stated that he was not the real architect of 9/11.

j0e

True.

Sure we've seen pictures/images of bodies filled with bullets in the movies. But the news almost never shows actual footage of those injured or dead on live television. Seeing images like that in theaters is one thing b/c it's fake. Seeing real images is another.

That real/fake factor plays a huge role, psychologically.

In regards to the photos of Osama, I believe that it was a responsible decision for him not to release them. Frankly, I don't think the US is responsible enough as a country to handle that. And his death shouldn't be a celebration like everyone has made it out to be. Throwing out those pictures will make it worse .

• True. Of course they haven't. There are 330 000 000 Americans-the vast majority has been spared this horror.

However, it would be in the State Departments best interest to release just such a picture. There is a first time for everything, you know, just like the first time a reporter got his head cut off in 2003.

The public has probably seen more than you'd think. There are plenty of photos of Mafiosi, old-time outlaws like Bonnie and Clyde, that were published of their corpses. Bonnie's photo shows her bare from the waist up.

But publishing photos as some kind of proof is a waste of time. If someone wants to believe a conspiracy, you're not going to convince them.

• I have seen many pictures of bullet riddles corpses, and I feel there is really no need to release photos, if bin laden is still alive, you can believe he'd make his presence known to everyone on the planet to put the word of the American Government to shame, bold faced liars they'd be...he wouldn't hesitate to discredit our government...so I believe he's dead. I was just curious to see the pictures, but not for proof, just to see them. :(

I am disappointed that the pictures aren't being released but I don't think that was why. I believe they did hesitate for that reason but in the interview with Steve Croft Obama said it was because they didn't want the pics to incite future violence or as a propaganda tool and that he didn't want to "trot this stuff out as trophies"...."we don't need to spike the football".

On the other hand, his mouth was moving and he's a politician so....

False. Most Americans watch TV and have came across a REAL photo of someone who was shot up.

Source(s): Logic

The point is: he's dead and will be dead tomorrow and for all eternity. Why would they want militant Islamic Extremists to see Bin Laden with half his skull blown off and his brains exposed? This would start the usual Muslim mass killings, embassy burnings, bombings, suicide attacks etc. If they would have used a mortician to doctor his head, people would say we didn't shoot him the way we said we did. Anyway, from the description I don't think the best mortician in the world could have patched him up to look normal. And what are the odds they would have the world's best mortician on the aircraft carrier?

• Kermit

False.

Source(s): Internet