Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

i am a jehovahs witness and an elder at my hall (church) sexually harasses me ?what can i do legally ?

12 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You have a new account with 95 points. Your user name says Phil which is generally a guys name and you say an elder sexually harasses you? Hmm...interesting.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    Depends on what he/she does to harass you. You didn't give much info.

    I would bet that the other elders will believe you. You didn't say how old you are and your standing in the church. Who can back you up? Who else have you told and when ?

    • Login to reply the answers
  • danman
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

    Confront him. See if he understands your feelings. Ask him if he will stop doing that.

    If holds to his words, your in good shape.

    Harrassment is one thing. Sexual advances are the next step. Let him know that his actions will be made public, and if he persists you will file a complaint with the local authorities. Should nip it in the bud.

    If he continues....never allow yourself to be alone with him. File that complaint..he probably is not going to take no for answer.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    Go to Jehovah in prayer... Then talk to another elder asking him to help you. if he is a humble person he will stop. If he is not, Jehovah will take care of him.

    it could be a misunderstanding from either side.

    If you are falsely accusing him... Jehovah will know.


    If this person sexually assaulted you, then by all means go to the police.

    Here is the definition of sexual harassment

    Sexual harassment, is intimidation, bullying or coercion of a sexual nature, or the unwelcome or inappropriate promise of rewards in exchange for sexual favors.[1] In some contexts or circumstances, sexual harassment may be illegal. It includes a range of behavior from seemingly mild transgressions and annoyances to actual sexual abuse or sexual assault.[2] Sexual harassment is a form of illegal employment discrimination in many countries, and is a form of abuse (sexual and psychological) and bullying. For many businesses, preventing sexual harassment, and defending employees from sexual harassment charges, have become key goals of legal decision-making. In contrast, many scholars complain that sexual harassment in education remains a "forgotten secret," with educators and administrators refusing to admit the problem exists in their schools, or accept their legal and ethical responsibilities to deal with it (Dziech, 1990).

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • edoedo
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    I don't believe you because you are feeding media to make people believe in false information.

    I don't believe you!

    One more thing , I see you're not telling the truth, most of Jehovah's Witnesses don't say, " Church" , they said "Congregation."

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    Report it

    Jehovahs Witnesses dont call their halls churches btw & Magpie of Eden pwned tom l for LYING!!


    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    You can't do much about what he says to you. If he touches you, you can report him for sexual assault. I suggest that you tell him that you think what he says is inappropriate and that you wish to be addressed with more respect. If he continues after that, just don't have anything to do with him.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

    What exactly do you mean by "harass?" Is he making inappropriate comments? Is he touching you inappropriately? Is he asking you to sleep with him?

    Whatever he is doing, he is clearly behaving out of line and it needs to stop. We do NOT condone or turn a blind eye to behaviour like this.

    First of all, put it in prayer to Jehovah and ask for help and guidance. If you have any witnesses or someone you have confided in, ask for their support and approach another elder in your Kingdom Hall and tell them everything, and that it needs to stop.

    If he has touched you in any way that is assualt and you should go to the police.

    I can confidently say that the above is what I would do and I am a Jehovah's Witness.

    Despite what some misinformed people think, we do not condone this kind of behaviour and the elders take a dim view of this kind of thing.

    EDIT: @ tom

    You said (quote) "By speaking the truth boldly I am making God's heart happy."

    That WOULD be true, if only you were speaking the truth - unfortunately you are not. Nearly every word in your answer is a lie.

    EDIT: @ tom

    You're not fooling anyone, least of all me. You have lied repeatedly in your original response.


    "He echoes the mind of watch tower society which never wants any crime happening inside the organization to be reported to the authorities."

    That is a lie. We are encouraged to report crimes to the police and you know it.

    "You will find yourself interrogated before a council of elders as for as my knowledge there will a city overseer present in the interrogation."

    That is a lie. The elders don't "interrogate" us and there is no need for the CO to be present.

    "And also you will be asked not to report to the law enforcement."

    Another lie. I have PERSONALLY known someone in my previous congregation who was disfellowshipped for having an inappropriate relationship with someone who was under-age, and the elders ENCOURAGED and supported the teenager to go to the police.

    "Then some of your privileges will be cut,for example you will be barred from singing kingdom songs and going to the field service)"

    That is an outrageous lie, if you ever were a Jehovah's Witness you would know that we NEVER ban people from going on the field service or singing songs at the meetings. Even disfellowshipped people are still allowed to attend meetings and sing the songs.

    "Things I wrote are 100% true in depth details ,which 95% of witnesses are un aware of.As I had quoted you had called me a liar."

    Hardly ANYTHING you wrote is true, so please don't try to insult my intelligence.

    "You had blocked me first and I had blocked you after knowing it."

    I blocked you because you tell lies about us.


    You're right about one thing at least.


    I'm not interested in receiving names of people who you allege were involved in a rape, for all I know you could be making them up, and I have no right to call up someone and ask, "hey were you involved in this or that" nor do I have any desire to, as it's none of my business and it's none of your business either.

    Even if your story is true (which I highly doubt) then questions still remain.

    How do you know the police weren't informed? If he "narrated all his crimes" in front of witnesses then the police would have been informed. And the elders would have SUPPORTED any victims who chose to come forward and report this man - it doesn't matter how much you try to claim otherwise.

    You seem quite happy to pass on gossip and unsubstantiated claims, Ithings that you "heard" from other people but don't know if they're true or not. I say SHAME on you for publically writing such things on a public website.

    And you're still lying - NO ONE would be forbidden to sing songs etc at the Kingdom Halls - everyone knows that even disfellowshipped members are still allowed to sing the songs.

    Your comments make NO sense at all - there is no rule in our organization to state that simply riding on a motorcyle with a baptized brother is wrong, and they would not be disciplined for it. If the girl is unbaptized as you claim, she would not be disciplined because she is not a dedicated sister!I If the baptuized brother committed sexual immorality, he would be disciplined but just for riding on a motorcycle together? No way.

    I stand by what I call you - and that's a liar.

    Source(s): Proud Witness of Jehovah
    • Login to reply the answers
  • If anyone sexually harassed me in a physical way, then I would report them to the police.

    As this is your first & only question on a newbie account, I highly doubt this is true

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    start by filing a police report when he next does it. It is important to do so just after it happens rather than to wait days or weeks. Thia will lead to a law suit and a restraining order.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.