asked in 教育與參考出國留學 · 10 years ago

美國高中申請UBC Vancouver

To whoever can answer this question!

我是在台灣七年級下學期移民美國, 目前就讀美國高中十年級

一直都很有興趣申請加拿大的 UBC

想請問有經驗美國高中申請加拿大大學的人, 我的GPA目前為止都一直維持4.00以上 如果申請UBC他們對U.S. citizens除了要看SAT分數以外入取條件會不會很嚴? 還有U.S. citizens 是不是在加拿大沒有financial aid 的資格?

請有經驗的多多給我ㄧ些申請UBC的建議! 謝謝 :)

P.S. 我大學想修的是psychology

除了CollegeBoard上的資訊,我希望回答者分享更多自身的申請經驗:D

Rating
  • Jerry
    Favorite Answer

If you keep up 4.0 and good reference, you should have no problem for UBC.

However, I don't think many Canadian universities offer $$ to international students, unless you are PR or Canadian. You should apply US financial aids instead.

2011-05-05 08:56:16 補充:

Most scholarships are based on financial needs. Based on where you come from (US or Taiwan-rich countries), not likely to get. I would suggest U of Washington in Seattle (similar location, better reputation, easier to get $), you have good case to get scholarships, since you are American.

2011-05-05 09:03:02 補充:

You should also try Ivy league schools. Canadian schools do not a lot resources. No resources = less quality. So don't expect too much.

2011-05-05 11:05:36 補充:

I will turn my comments into answers (with some added notes):

If you keep up 4.0 and good references (even 3.7 should be ok), you should have no problem for UBC.

However, I don't think many Canadian universities offer money to international students, unless you are PR or Canadian. You should apply US financial aids instead.

Most scholarships are based on financial needs. Based on where you come from (US or Taiwan, rich countries), not likely to get them. I would suggest U of Washington in Seattle (similar location, better reputation, easier to get $), you have good case to get scholarships, since you are American. US financial aid is also available in any case. You should also try Ivy league or UC schools if possible.

Canadian schools do not a lot resources, they are all public schools and the goal is to education as many Canadian as possible. Less resource = less quality, sad thing to say. In the first year you might find very large classes. US universities have more resources, though can afford higher quality professors *in general*.

Unless you have other good reasons to go to Canadian universities (for example, to work in Canada in the future, or have family member in Canada), in your case, I will not suggest it.

2011-05-05 11:19:03 補充:

The poorest people in US still much richer than those in the 3rd world countries.

2011-05-05 13:03:18 補充:

Most Canadian go to work in US due to it is hard to find job in Canada.

No idea why you want to do the reverse.

2011-05-05 13:27:52 補充:

Welcome and feel free to pay for the high taxes, to-be-bankrupt pension and health care.. Cheers.

謝謝你的建議 :)

2011-05-05 06:02:20 補充:

I just did a little search on the UBC website..they do offer scholarship to international students and it also says that the applicants from other countries are considered for financial support from the department JUST LIKE CANADIANS..?

Hmm.i gotta do more search

謝兩位大的回答 very professional answers!

2011-05-05 10:21:24 補充:

U in Seattle is a good suggestion, c: since Seattle is similar to Vancouver in the way that it's a city of neighborhoods

(and yeah.. because i'm not Canadian nor a rich kid XD, financial aid would be my most concern... :/ )

2011-05-05 13:06:05 補充:

due to some personal reasons.

• MB.WPG

加國很多大學有提供International student financial aid, 最高的省份是6000加弊一年,你可以自行上UBC官網找找看該校有沒有提供,如果你的GPA如你說的那麼高的話,甚至可以申請獎學金

2011-05-04 21:46:55 補充:

To Jerry大:

感謝你的提醒,一般學校用的名稱是International student bursary,它是獎學金的一種,不過申請條件不像獎學金那麼高,以我自己申請過的經驗,我們學校是gpa 2.0以上,學期沒拿到D,full-time student就ok,根據我以前找過的學校,的確是有不少的學校有INTERNATIONAL STUDENT BURSARY,但是,相對的,越好的學校,申請條件會越高

2011-05-05 14:07:35 補充:

If you still have any financial problem in the future, try to apply for the off campus work permit (each privince or university has different roles).

2011-05-05 14:07:46 補充:

You will be able to work for 20 hours a week (in regular school terms), and no limited working hours in spring and summer terms (as long as you do not take any courses in spring and summer terms).