First day working at a fast food chain, what do I do?

I just had my orientation...i think im gonna get fired after tomorrow theres so much to remember.

I have no idea what to do, do i show up early?

Do I show up in uniform?

What do I do when I get there?

im so confused, someone help me please :S

Favorite Answer

1st day of orientation or employment is to follow corporate rules and health codes and safety OSHA standards.

You should always try to get to work a little early because it looks good to your managers. If you've been given your uniform already then yes, you show up in your uniform unless you have something to do before your shift (like school or something) in which case make sure you have time to change once you get there. When you get there just talk to the manager on duty and ask them what they would like you to do... Simple as that. :) don't worry about all of the stuff to learn... It takes time, practice and repitition. If you dont know how to do something or remember what to do just ask... If it's one thing I've learned is that it's always better to ask than to assume and mess something up. You'll be fine... Good luck!!!

• Kayli

You won't get fired. If you already have your uniform, then yes, show up in uniform. Be at least 5 minutes early for your shift because it looks good to managers. When you get there, since it's your first day, go to the manager on duty and ask them what they want you to do. When I worked at McDonald's in highschool, they put me on a computer on my first day and I watched a few videos on how to make fries and they started me on fries. You'll probably do something similar. Good luck. Don't be nervous. If you're unsure about something, ask someone. They should have someone training you! You'll be fine. :)

Just remember this question and you will be fine.......'Would you like fries with that?'

They will show you everything, don't sweat it! That reminds me,don't sweat on the food either,thank you!