Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

What can i do with my 8 week old German Shepard Puppy that won't eat?

I recently bought my 8 week old German Shepard Puppy.. It seemed healthy at first and ate the first night but afterwards just didn't eat for two days and today. She's getting rather thin. I don't know what to do. I'm force feeding her milk so far. What could be wrong with her? What can i do to cure her?

She won't eat anything. We've feed her diffrent types of dog food. Dry some meat gravy , all the good stuff hoping she'd be interested but denies it all... She drinks alot of water. Should i continue letting her drink alot of water?

• Labman
    Favorite Answer

Go back to what she was eating before. Until you get past the strange new home, it won't hurt to add a little unsalted chicken broth to the food.

What ever you do, don't add yogurt to her food. It is high in calcium and an excess of calcium can wreck a large breed puppy's joints. Canine nutrition is quite different from human nutrition. Yogurt may be good for people whose diet is short calcium, but most puppy chows are already on the high side on calcium.

Let her have plenty of water.

She may just not like the food. My dog did the same and I put yogurt in it (it's perfectly safe for dogs) if she still isn't eating in about an hour or 2 get her to a vet ASAP she could have parvo, which could kill her within 24 hours!

A puppy that is not eating is a puppy that is sick. I would have taken her to the vet by the end of the first day she was not eating. Not eating is indicative of anything from minor to severe illnesses, if the latter then time is of the essence. So on your bike then, otherwise you are liable for neglect.

Not eating is an indication that something is wrong. what you can do is to take her to a vet and find out what is going on with her.

it might be homesick, id take it to the vet or try putting some chicken or cheese in the food

If you bought your dog at a pet store, she may be a puppy-mill dog and have health problems they didn't tell you about. Please consider adopting your next dog from an animal shelter or rescue.

• Debbie

Take the pup to the vet.

GO TO THE VET.

Some dogs are really picky (yay) and they just might not enjoy the food you give them.

try changing her food..maybe she didn't like it. if that doesn't help take her to the vet.

• take her to the vet!!!