Will Portal 2 work on my computer?

I know it says Dual Core 2.0 and above, but I was going to run it on the lowest settings. I have an Acer Aspire 5734z with an Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4500 processor. I don't mind if the game runs with a little framerate issues here and there, as long as it runs smoothly most of the time. Portal 2 is something I really want, but I don't want to spend $60 to find out that it doesn't run on my computer.

Favorite Answer

Portal 2 minimum system requirements:

OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP

Processor / CPU: 3 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 with 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2

Memory: 1GB for XP / 2GB for Vista

Hard Disk Space: 7.6 GB of Space

Video cards: 128 MB or more and DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 2.0b (ATI Radeon X800 or higher / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or higher / Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher).

Audio: DirectX 9.0c compatible

For recommended system requirements, until now, there is still no information. Maybe, if your PC specifications at least as above, I am sure you will be able to play Portal 2. If you want to play with high resolution and high settings, it is advisable to use a higher video cards, the GeForce GTS 250 or GeForce 9800 GT seems to be the right choice.

Ram is wonderful, processor is wonderful, HDD is wonderful, the pics card although is the default one that is composed of the Inspiron 560, it fairly is not designed to play video games, it fairly is designed in basic terms for universal each and every day use, try improving your pics card, this could incredibly restoration the subject, as your different specs are wonderful.

Go here:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Select Portal 2. It will then analyze your hardware and tell you how well the game will perform.