Women, would you join a movement to end street harassment, why or why not?

• Best Answer

No I think we should make it equal, equal rights for all.

And allow men the opportunity to have their appearance evaluated vocally by women when they are walking to work or to see their dying grandmother or whatever. So women should just start shouting out at men

It only happens to me if I wear a mini dress in the summer or hot pants and I am walking on my own, so I have stopped wearing them. I don't like it at all. I don't wish to know that some stranger has an opinion on me. It makes me cringe with embarrassment.

I don't know if I would go as far as a movement as I don't like making a fuss, but I wish that men wouldn't do it.

I can see that some people disagree with me and think that I should be grateful for the attention and I appreciate that some men don't get any so seeing women that they find attractive is overwhelming for them, but I am not flattered that some sleaze wants to nail me in a bush on the side of the road.

Yes. Free speech or not, it is offensive and wrong and shows lack of self control. The Ku Klux Klan has every right to say whatever they want about everybody who isn't white, but there are still movements attempting to stop that hatred. Likewise, men have every right to be idiots (and there is NO denying that most catcallers are men), but there's no harm in spreading awareness. And it can get a LOT worse than just a "compliment." I have enough self esteem of my own, and I don't need to accept a compliment from some slob on the side of the road to feel good about myself, especially when that compliment starts to get vulgar and offensive.

"El" said it best.

What you don't like getting hit on? Give men a break. The societal norm is that men ask women out. Not the other way around. Would you rather us stop and rely on women to do it? I doubt that you do. Who the hell cares where it is happening as long as it is happening?

I understand that some men cross the line, but you need to be more specific about what your complaint is about.

So They can't handle some cat calls even if they are a sort of compliment ? That is seriously weak.

What is street harassment?

Why? If someone honks at you or whistles is it a bad thing? Take it as a compliment and move on, don't be a little ***** about it.

• ?

No.

Source(s): I don't even have the energy to look after myself, let alone be a surrogate police woman.

you mean destroy free speech?

Source(s): god hitler seem like a nice guy near you.