Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

what do you think about texas homeowner associations?is right or wrong?

just wondering how the texas people feel about this hoa organization,and do the tax payers think we should keep this hoa going?during this time ,our nation is suffering a financial crisis.there are government programs that we must have and programs that we can survive easy without.the government needs to give this some thought.why keep a office open,that just supports oppression and exploitation of tax payers.i am not attacking anyone.i am just bringing up a hard fact for the texas people and the rest of america to think about.

i am referring to all hoas.

i am in a hoa in texas.and i am ashamed of being in this type of non- christian and unamerican environment. i was not aware of the hoa before i purchased.i purchased a foreclosed property from the fha,that was in a hoa neighborhood.when i looked back on my contract,i had initialed a paper,that i was aware of hoa in the area,that the closer did not explain.but there are no signed documents that say i will join or abide by the rules of the hoa.i pay the dues,so my home is not stolen from me.i keep my yard and home clean,because i am clean and organized.but i will never sign a document ,giving somebody permission to be the designer of my property. god bless

Favorite Answer

HOAs have nothing to do with the taxpayers. People whose homes area associated with HOAs have CHOSEN themselves to belong to such by purchasing a home in that area.

• Teekno

There are thousands of HOAs in Texas. How are we to know the details of whichever one you're ranting about?

EDIT: Well, you didn't read all of the papers properly when you purchased. I am not sure that that's anybody's problem other than yours. You are now abiding by the HOA covenant since you purchased a home covered by the covenant.

Neither Texas, nor America, seem to have a serious problem with HOAs, and the fact that you purchased a home with an HOA without understanding what that meant really isn't America's problem either.

• WRG

HOAs are private organizations and aren't supported by tax payers. While I understand that Texas does have some criminal law on the books that deal with HOA that doesn't make them governmental bodies.

I personally would never purchase a home that was under the control of an HOA, I certainly don't think that they should be banned for those that choose to.

As of September a million, 2007. A new legislation is at the books in Texas. It offers a home-owner the correct to shield his dwelling to the loss of life. The query is are they going to take this legislation under consideration for this gentleman who used to be requested to observe his buddies dwelling whilst they're away. I consider that they're going to. Yes this mans lifestyles used to be now not in chance. His private estate used to be now not in chance. However, due to the fact that he used to be in charge for his buddies estate on the time of the crime he had the correct to look after the estate. I see not anything unsuitable with it. I additionally desire to factor out. It might be fascinating to understand if the two mexican guys that had been shot and killed had been American residents or Illegal immigrants. SB 378: “The Castle Doctrine” The legislation states that a man or woman has no responsibility to retreat from an outsider earlier than utilizing lethal drive. It additionally presents civil immunity for a man or woman who lawfully makes use of lethal drive in any of the instances spelled out within the invoice.

Texans are well aware of the HOA's when they purchase their house. If you don't believe in belonging to an HOA then don't buy in a neighborhood controlled by one.

Source(s): Texan who lives in a voluntary HOA neighborhood

for some reason i don't think you understand what a homeowners association is... it's not a government program or office and there isn't one that presides over all of Texas, just a bunch of different ones for different neighborhoods.

Source(s): Texan