Seamus Padraig or Sean Patrick?

Should I anglicize the name?

It wouldn't sound weird either way (my surname is real Irish).

Update:

I know that Seamus and Sean aren't the same name.

I'm asking if I should do it like Sean Patrick or Shawn Patrick…Seamus Padraig or Seamus Patrick

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

I love both of them.... I have a bit of a thing for Irish names, actually. Sean and Seamus happen to be two of my favourites :D

I think I prefer Sean Patrick. It just sounds really charming and handsome! Seamus Padraig is great too, but it doesn't flow as nicely, and not being Irish, I'm not quite as accustomed to Padraig as I am to Patrick.

Hope I helped ;) xx

• 9 years ago

Sean Patrick is a handsome name. :) It says you live in Canada so I think that would be a better choice pronunciation wise. I know how to pronounce Seamus but I'm not sure about Padraig. Isn't Seamus the Irish version of James? James Patrick would be nice too.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Seamus Padraig

• 9 years ago

I like Seamus Padraig. I don't really see why you should anglicize the name. I personally love Irish names.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Seamus Padraig is a strong Irish name. No need to change it and take away some of the heritage.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Sean Patrick

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Sean Patrick!

• Megs
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I love Seamus Padraig.

My second choice would be Seamus Patrick.

I love Seamus :) ♥

• Debi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I like Sean Patrick best but some people tend to pronounce it as Seen instead of Shawn.

• 9 years ago

If you lived in ireland Seamus would be fine but in the U.S. not so much. I think it's too close to semen and the other kids would have a field day with that, especially once they go through sex Ed. I think Sean Patrick is a good name though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.