Conservatives criticize Obama when he says he (will) do something, but also when he does something like Bin La?

for years I have been saying that if a president is going to (try to) do something, that they should do just that, without any prior announcement of certainty to the public that they are going to do it. This would certainly prevent much of the criticism of them that the president said they would do something, and... show more for years I have been saying that if a president is going to (try to) do something, that they should do just that, without any prior announcement of certainty to the public that they are going to do it. This would certainly prevent much of the criticism of them that the president said they would do something, and quite often through no fault of their own are unable to follow through with their proposal, something which had hit Obama particularily hard due to criticism by conservatives who seem intent on discreetly ruining his image, even more so after last night's events. Which brings me to my next point. Since the events of last night, there have been people, particularly republicans who appear to have been offended by the fact that Obama said nothing prior about the operation to take out Bin Laden, which (their anger) seems justified due to the fact that there was really no time to "prepare" for lack of a better term, in advance of Bin Laden being killed. However, this has to be looked at on a larger scale, which is that there really could be no prior announcement made of the intent to kill Bin Laden, lest the Pakistani military be informed somehow and Bin Laden be relocted or protected.

Whether or not this is the reason why Obama did not announce the planned operation is besides the point; the point, at least in this case is that regardless of why he did it, Obama had the operation carried out without essentially "gloating" or making a big spectacle about the fact that he would have Bin Laden killed prior to doing it. The truth is I sincerely admire Obama for once (evidently) just doing something, especially something so significant, without bragging about it beforehand, and I believe that republicans should also give him the same respect since they were always so critical of him saying things that he did not end up doing.