Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 9 years ago

Is Portnov Computer School for real?

I am in the marketing field and I’m looking for a career change- probably to the IT field. I was referred to Portnov Computer School which specializes in Software Quality Assurance. They claim I can obtain employment within 5-6 months of training there. How likely is it that this will happen? I can't imagine anyone becoming a mechanical/chemical engineer in 5/6 months- that just seems crazy! Is software QA any different? Is it really possible to find work after such a short time?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It’s difficult to judge from the outside, but here are some testimonials I found from searching Google:

http://qa-career-change.blogspot.com/

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

I have completed Full Time courses at Portnov Computer School and successfully placed as an Intern to well known IT company. I can assure you it is real.

• ...Show all comments
    • PDX5 years agoReport

I am looking to take their training -- they do some initial skills assessment - could you please tell me how I should prepare for that test? what skills I must have to begin with?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I work for a large Software company in Sunnyvale CA, and most of our QA team is built out of Portnov computer School graduates. The school is for real, but this doesn’t mean that it's a solution for everybody who wants to switch to the IT field.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

In Silicon Valley, the school is kind of well known. It is probably not the training itself, but guaranteed internships which contribute to marketability of the graduates. Besides, software testing is kind of special in recruiting people from other professions. You might view software testing as a sub set of computer science, but for a computer science graduate, there is no glory in doing that kind of job, So companies really have to hire non-computer science people and if they have any training at all, it’s better than nothing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't think so. There is no shortcut to getting a job in this depressed economy! Sounds too good to be true if you ask me..

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Bakhtiyor, Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know which course should i take at Portnov Computer School? Appreciate for all your suggestions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.