Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 9 years ago

was kate middleton a virgin when she wed prince william?

i am aksing this because the veil signifies purity that is why princess di wore it when she wed prince charles..because she was a virgin. now i also know people that have not slept together until marriage, even though they lived in the same house.one of them being my very attractive cowkorker ..anyone would want to bang her so when she told me she slept in a different room because she is saving that for marriage, i was shock to say the least.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes indeed, dear Awesome. It was her first time getting married.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

What a lot of cods wallop! What century are you living in? Diana a virgin bridge, probably not and certainly there was no compulsion to be. Charles could not marry Camilla ~ yes he could, he just dithered about for so long she got fed up waiting and he missed the boat. The king abdicating was his choice, different times, Wallace was a divorcee and the political establishment convinced the King that the great British Public would not accept a King who by definition was also the head of the Church of England, marrying a divorcee. There has been a Quantum change in how society thinks in the UK over the last 60 or 70 years. 40 years ago marriage was still the norm and a child out of wedlock still considered a shameful thing. William and Kate are doing nothing that any other young couple are doing This is the age of 2nd date copulation and cohabitation after a couple of months. I doubt if anyone under the age of 60 see's Kate as being cheapened.

• 9 years ago

I don't know. And those things are relative. In my country, the brides can choose whether they would like to use veil or not, what would the veil be like. And in most of the country, you can do so. It doesn't mean that you're a virgin when you wear a veil, you can wear it if you feel like you wanna. If you don't, well you won't.

That's possible though, that she wasn't virgin, but it's also possible that she was virgin. What's our business in it? What's the matter anyway? She's a princess now.

• 9 years ago

It seems most unlikely. She and William have been together for years now. The white dress and veil are just a custom, dating back to the 18th century, and not all brides were virgins even then. And certainly not modern ones. Sarah Ferguson wore white, and she certainly was not a virgin.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I think you're trolling.

But just in case you're not, the white wedding dress does not symbolize "purity" and never did. It simply became fashionable in the 19th century after Queen Victoria wore white (then a rare color for a wedding dress), and then it became a custom. It is not a comment on the sexual history of the bride, which isn't anyone's business.

Queen Victoria would not have been amused if anyone had suggested to her that she'd worn white to indicate that she was a virgin. Her sexual history wasn't anyone's business either.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

And men dress as women and women dress as men. Nothing is what it was originally intended to signify anymore. Considering the times and their living arrangements prior to their marriage I'd say probably not.

Why does no one ask if William was a virgin?

Oh there you are, Lord Lucan! We've all been wondering where you were...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, the veil doesn't signify purity. And white doesn't signify virginity. And every bride wears a veil. And not all brides are virgins.

No, of COURSE they haven't slept together.

a "cowkorker"???

• 9 years ago

Obviously not. No couple goes that long...8 years...without having sex. And there's no way that William would have stuck around for that long without sex. He most certainly is NOT a virgin...he's probably been with tonnes of chicks. So why should Kate be?

• 9 years ago

They are both virgins, they may well still be virgins it may take them a while to work out which body part goes in which hole, the servant may help with this matter.

You know what its like making love for the first time, lot of odd things happen.

"Arrrrr get it out of my ear"

"Whats that long thing"

"Yuck it smells"

"It feels tight in there"

At least the servants will show them how its done.

• 9 years ago

It's doubtful that she was, the white dress and the veil is what a lot of brides wear - the significance has gone out the window.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

We certainly can't verify the fact that she was a virgin, but a woman of her upstanding social status would most probably be pure.

Have you noticed that she doesn't sweat as much as she glistens?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.