Place to visit in Malaysia and Hong Kong?

I'm travelling these countries in late November to early December and wanted to ask a few questions if anyone can help. 1. Places I must visit. For Food? Shopping? Iconic? 2. Affordable decent hotels. 3. Events that may be happening during that period. Eg: festivals, sales events... 4. Any important... show more I'm travelling these countries in late November to early December and wanted to ask a few questions if anyone can help.
1. Places I must visit. For Food? Shopping? Iconic?
2. Affordable decent hotels.
3. Events that may be happening during that period. Eg: festivals, sales events...
4. Any important information I should know. Or sites you could recommend about holiday in Malaysia or Hong Kong.
5. Whats the weather like during these months for the country?

Thank you. I would love to hear answers from locals from the country or from people who have travelled to Malaysia or Hong Kong before. Thanks. Please state which country you're answering about. Or both :)