A question for the lovers of science on R&S: What do you think of this?

I'd like to share my idea of time with you. Time is nothing but a concept we use to grasp what it means for an object to move from location A to location B. When a single electron moves around the nucleus even a bit, we say time has passed. If all the electrons in all the existing atoms stopped spinning around... show more I'd like to share my idea of time with you. Time is nothing but a concept we use to grasp what it means for an object to move from location A to location B. When a single electron moves around the nucleus even a bit, we say time has passed. If all the electrons in all the existing atoms stopped spinning around their nucleuses, we’d say time does not pass. The “T” letter you saw while you started reading this sentence is now in the past, the letter you are looking at right now is also in the past (read on to know why) and the “period” you will see by the end of time you’ve finished reading this sentence is the future. (Now even the moment you saw the period is part of the past.) This means such a thing as time does not even exist in reality. You moved your eyeballs. Things change and move, but time doesn't pass by, because it doesn't exist.

This means the notion of time travel is fiction at best. Unless you manage to make all the electrons in the world spin in the opposit direction, you're not going back in time and I reject the whole idea of space-time and time bending and time not being linear. You can't bend something that does not exist. The only way you can trick time is to trick yourself. Go to sleep and the next morning, you will not know how 8 hours have passed.

When you look at the stars, you see into the distant past, even when you look at the monitor screen, you’re seeing into the past, because it takes a fraction of time no matter how short for the light to reflect back from the surface of the object and to be processed by your brain and that's why whole you're readin you are not experiencing the present time. That being said, we are essentially living in the past. As fo the future, it does not exist.

We say time is relative, but in fact it’s not. It’s relative from the point of view of the perceiver. If there are advanced aliens somewhere in the universe and if they’re looking at planet Earth, they may not even see the Earth, since it hasn’t been formed yet from their perspective or they might be seeing the dinosaurs. If we someday invent telescopes powerful enough to be able to see the surface of an Earth like planet, we may not see the aliens living on it, because they haven’t come into existence from our point of view, although they may be really out there.

Also, we may be living in an infinite space where there is an infinite number of galaxies. We don’t see most of them because their light hasn’t reached us yet and many of the ones we see now may have been long dead and non-existent at present.

What do you think of this?
21 answers 21