Is Osama bin Laden really dead?

I mean he's the mastermind of many terrorist attacks. I would think that they would have interrogated him not completed the mission in 40 minutes. I love my country but I don't think they would just kill him like that. I'm a little suspicious. I'm aware that there have been times when our government... show more I mean he's the mastermind of many terrorist attacks. I would think that they would have interrogated him not completed the mission in 40 minutes. I love my country but I don't think they would just kill him like that. I'm a little suspicious. I'm aware that there have been times when our government has lied to us what if this is on of those times? When they captured Saddam Hussein, did they interrogate him or just went straight to the hanging? Is anyone else suspicious?
Update: well aparently, according to NPR- they wont release his pictures in fear of insurgeons doing bad stuff in retaliation