are considered christians the groups like advenstists of the seventh day, mormons and jehovah witnesse?

and united pentecostals or apostolic pentecostals? since these groups some of them deny the holy trinity and others try to follow a prophet like mormons and adventists of the seventh day?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Greetings,

Jehovah's Witnesses are True Christians. This statement is supported by irrefutable evidence from the Scriptures and from their actions proving that they have the Holy Spirit manifest in their lives.

Witnesses only accept the Bible as God's inspired Word and base all their teachings on it alone. For that reason they reject the unbiblical doctrines such as the Trinity, the immortality of the soul, torment in hell. They believe in salvation by grace and we do not believe that we can *earn* salvation by works (Eph. 2:8, 9). However, we reject the unscriptural teaching of "once saved always saved" (Heb. 6:4-6; 10:26-29, Cf. Mt 12:31, 32; 1Jo 5:16, 17). And we reject the belief that Christians do not need to have works with their faith (Js.2:14,24; Heb.5:9; Phil 2:12).

We are called Jehovah's Witnesses because that is a Scriptural description of God's true worshipers (Isa.43:10,12). It also was Christ's primary work. Jesus was called "the Faithful Witness" (Rev.1:5; 3:14; Jn.17:4-6,26; Heb.2:12). The name Jesus in Hebrew (Jehoshua) means "Jehovah is Salvation." True Christians do what Christ did, so they would also use and make the Father's name known. The Scriptures clearly teach that True Christians would be identified by the name Jehovah (Acts 15:14; Amos 9:11, 12; Rev.3:12). No one can truly fulfill the Christian commission without using the Eternal Divine Name Jehovah (Mat.28:19, 20; Ex. 3:15).

Like Christ, true Christians would be positively identified by the love among themselves and even for their enemies (Jn.13:34,35; Matthew 5:44). Thus they would not use carnal weapons (2Cor.10:3-5). They would teach doctrinal truth untainted by syncretistic and unscriptural beliefs (Jn.4:22-24; Mk.7:13). And as a unified group they would be capable of proclaiming the Gospel of Christ and his kingdom worldwide (Mat.24:14; 28:18-20).

Only Jehovah's Witnesses properly imitate Christ in this and thus meet the requirements of being truly Christians. When you examine most religions you find that they cannot meet the requirements of true Christianity. Their historical record is of bloodthirsty wars, immorality, sectarian violence and factional splits (Mat.7:21- 23; 2Tim3:5; Gal.5:19-23). Today Catholics continue to kill Catholics and Protestants kill Protestants, something true Christians would not do (1Jn.3:10,15; 4:8).

I have found only one group which has presented absolute evidence of truly being Christian: Jehovah's Witnesses. This is the testimony of the Holy Spirit (1Cor. 6:9-11; Gal.5:19-22).

Yours,

BAR-ANERGES

• Since I do not belong to any group other than Jehovah's Witnesses, I shall speak about that.

Christianity is not identified by what certain other people think, but by the clear words of the Lord Jesus Christ, found in the Holy Bible.

By the standard and example that Christ set, Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians.

Christ never used the term "holy trinity" and never said anything about "one God in three Persons."

Since Christ did not teach a trinity, the doctrine of the trinity cannot be used as a rule to judge whether a person is a Christian or not.

Jesus worshipped the Father, prayed to the Father, called the Father his God, and said that the Father is the ONLY true God. (John 17:1, 3)

Jehovah's Witnesses believe and teach what Jesus did and said.

Therefore, Jehovah's Witnesses, by Christ's definition, are his followers: Christians.

"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." -- Romans 14:4, New International Version

Source(s): The HOLY Bible
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, they are not considered part of mainstream Christianity. They are fringe groups hangers on. By their fingernails. Or try to.

And not because they deny the trinity. Because they are not biblically based all the way around -- major doctrinally lacking.

• 9 years ago

What Does It Mean to Be a Christian?

Jesus said to his followers: “You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you.” (John 15:14) Since Jesus’ teachings affected all aspects of their lives, Christ’s disciples initially referred to their religion as “The Way.” (Acts 9:2) Soon thereafter, “[they] were by divine providence called Christians.” (Acts 11:26) This new name they bore meant that they believed that Jesus was the Son of God, who had transmitted to mankind the will of his heavenly Father. This belief led them to follow a way of life that differed from that of the world around them.

Christ’s teachings moved his followers to follow Bible teachings, which meant avoiding “fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, . . . drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these.” (Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 4:17-24) The apostle Paul reminded Corinthian Christians that some of them had once practiced these very things. Then he added: “But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”—1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ricky
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

No, they are heretics just like, the Roman Catholics, Orthodox, Universalists, certain other Protestant groups etc. As they deny the truth that is found in the Word of God. And make up fake beliefs as if they were God's! Even if it contradicts God's own Word.

• 9 years ago

Yes. Just because your sect does not agree with them, does not make them "non-Christians". Just makes them not a part of your sect.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes. Those are all Christian groups.

• Esther
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Mormons follow another Jesus than the Jesus of the bible. So do Jehovah's Witnesses. They are not Christian, only they call themselves Christian; no other Christian denomination sees them as such.

I don't know about 7th Day Adventists. I know they are very hung up on the sabbath day, but other than that, dunno.

• 9 years ago

depends on who u ask, my opinion based on my own research? Mormons...yes. 7th day...yes JW... No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.