Why hasn't Oprah did a show on the late great jazz & R&B singer Phyllis Hyman?

Maybe she wasn't a superstar in the tradition of Nina Simone, but she contributed to

the jazz and R&B music scene, she was a star in Duke Ellington's sophisticated ladies,

and had countless performances, around the world. She was a tall, statuesque beauty who had a unique voice, and clothing style, was on every late night talk show, including her (Oprah's) friend David Letterman. Yes, she took her own life, and sadly,

thousands if not millions of her fans still miss her today, including me. She was very vocal about the business of the music business, in interviews on BET, and other news related outlets. One of the few women who used her celebrity, to tell the truth about the reality of what happens, if you don't take hold of your show business career. Why is she so forgotten in the media, like a cloud of dust that just blew away?

Oprah has always championed people who overcame adversity, but sometimes, you need to remind

folks, of those who left an indelable mark, regardless of how they died. At least that's how I see it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You could ask this questions about a lot of singers/artists.

Not a lot of people knew who Phyllis Hyman was.....sad because she was talented....but very true.

If Oprah did a show about Ms. Hyman she may have a few thousand viewers as opposed to doing a show that would have millions of viewers.

• Who knows, maybe she didn't want to be interview..now not everybody likes Oprah you know..=)

• 4 years ago

specific, I watched it,and function seen all of it in the previous on television,and you spot that the Amish are not such "uncomplicated and gentle" human beings in spite of everything.they only think of of the dogs as plant life,no distinctive than a field of corn. i could on no account purchase a domestic dog from a puppy keep,all of my animals have been rescues,and are all spayed or neutered.that is ridiculous,the variety of animals which could go through in silence on those breeding farms,and the variety of animals placed to sleep familiar in shelters.If persons are so set on a purebred dogs,they could get it from an outstanding,vet authorized breeder,rescue team or take care of,or evaluate a mixed breed that maximum resembles the breed they want.previous dogs are super,too! And this is going for cats,too! Get them fastened, shop them indoors,and remmeber that a puppy is an entire life dedication,no longer a chunk of "property" to discard once you tire of it. And,specific,domestic dog generators could be against the regulation and could be close down,and those working them could be charged with cruelty to animals.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Apparently Oprah doesn't agree with you. She has her favorites.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

yeah yeah

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.