Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Do you think the movie 'Win Win' will get one of the ten 'Best Picture' nomination spots at next year's Oscars?

I personally thought it was very good and Rotten Tomatoes gave it a superb rating. It received a 95% certified fresh rating. Do you think it will get a best picture or any other nomination at the Oscars next year?

Favorite Answer

This movie was released on March 18, 2011. It's unusual for a movie released this early in the year to receive Oscar nominations. That's partly because the voters will forget about it by nomination time, and partly because the summer is full of blockbusters and the fall/winter is full of artsy films; these films will outshine Win Win.

In the past 3 years at least (that's as far back as I checked), the earliest in the year that an Best Picture nominee was released was May 29, and that movie was Up.

Now, I haven't seen Win Win, and it may indeed be Oscar worthy, but statistically speaking, it doesn't stand much of a chance. I'm a pretty big Oscar buff, but I generally don't start considering nominees until August.

action picture- Slumdog Millionaire Actor- Mickey Rourke Actress- Kate Winslet Actor/helping- Heath Ledger Actress/helping- Amy Adams (unsure) Director- Danny Boyle Screenplay- Slumdog Millionaire P.S: i think of Robert's overall performance replaced into properly carried out, yet no longer Oscar worth.