Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

What are the risks of this sale?

I am selling an old car (V REG). and only provided the make, engine size(1.8), 3 pictures of the outside. and the price.

Below is what they messaged me. Does this seam safe ?

Alright,thanks for getting back to me,I will send you my paycheck and

once it clears and you inform me,I will come pick it up,send me your

name and address where to mail the check to,

Have a nice day

Regards

ok thanks, I will ask them about cash.

What issues would happen if they sent a cheque and it cleared? (i am reading on craigslist scams about

~

banks will often cash these fake checks AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE WHEN THE CHECK FAILS TO CLEAR

~)

Favorite Answer

Don't do this is someone phishing for information to rip you off (take your money) or worse steal your identity.

This sounds like one of those annoying junk e-mails I get every once in a while just send us all your personal info and Fe dEX cuorier company will deliver you 3 milleon US dallars and yes they are all misspelled and sound weird just like i have done on purpose there.

Don't do it you will be sorry very sorry!

Oh hell no! Tell that ding dong to bring cash.