S M asked in TravelAir Travel · 9 years ago

Im terrified of flying and las year did not board my flight to Tenerife!?

I was wondering what medication my GP could give me for my nerves and if they would do this for me? Also has anyone taken anything prescribed/not prescribed for their fear of flying that has helped!

Favorite Answer

i really doubt your like this when you in a car to? then why in an airplane? People dies everyday in car accidents, but how often do you hear bout a place crash? max once a year. millions of people travel in air everyday, still nothing happens. So if you not afraid by sitting in a car, you shouldn't be afraid to be in a airplane ether. And one more thing, the pilots is not random ppl then pick from the street before every flight, they are professionals in what they are doing. (Im educate me to become a pilot now) and before even get accepted into the education its ALOT of both medical and mental tests, and also they have many thousands of hours in the air, you shouldn't worry. just sit back in your seat and relax : )

hey, the pilot wants to get to his destination to, safely.