Let's be candid here; what has Obama DONE (not "promised") that makes you believe he's a liberal?

His campaign was full of promises that made liberals jump for joy; except that in reality, he's done none of them. GITMO is still open, and the Patriot Act is not only in full force; it's been expanded to include torture of Americans. Our troops are still in Iraq; he increased troops in Afghanistan, and... show more His campaign was full of promises that made liberals jump for joy; except that in reality, he's done none of them.
GITMO is still open, and the Patriot Act is not only in full force; it's been expanded to include torture of Americans.
Our troops are still in Iraq; he increased troops in Afghanistan, and NOW we have another war in Libya.
He continued the trend of bailouts of mega-corporations, and extended the Bush tax cuts for millionaires.
He's agreed to drastically cutting basic social services spending for the most needy, while increasing military spending.
The health care bill he signed isn't "single-payer" but is instead a gift to the insurance industry.

So, what has he actually DONE, that's liberal? He talked a good talk, but when it came to walking, he veered directly to the right.

All opinions welcomed.
Update: @bmovie: Not quite sure how you believe government-run "single-payer" health care would be a "gift" to the insurance industry; since it would eliminate the need for private insurance. Could you explain your answer a little further so I can understand your point?
Update 2: @Jimbo: What specific actions has Obama taken to "increase the teachers union stranglehold on our public schools", especially since public schools are a state/local function? Please elucidate. And if offering "generation busting budgets to congress" is liberal, then I guess Paul Ryan is liberal too, since his... show more @Jimbo: What specific actions has Obama taken to "increase the teachers union stranglehold on our public schools", especially since public schools are a state/local function? Please elucidate.
And if offering "generation busting budgets to congress" is liberal, then I guess Paul Ryan is liberal too, since his budget proposal adds $5 Trillion in debt over the next 10 years.
Again, I'm asking for specific actions that Obama has already taken, in policy or practice, that "proves" he is a liberal. Changing his mind based on polls doesn't cut it - every President does that.
9 answers 9