is surgery is emergency in appendix perforated?

can we treat six days with antibiotics for diagnosed appendix perforated children ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • jzc17
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If the appendix is recently perforated but without phlegmon formation, most surgeons would operate immediately. If, however, it may have been several days since perforation and there is significant phlegmon formation or abscess formation but not acutely ill appearing, many surgeons may treat initially with IV antibiotics (such as zosyn) with plans for an interval appendectomy (8-12 weeks) once swelling and inflammation has decreased.

Source(s): UpToDate
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Niketa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It may depend if there were reasons for delaying surgery. Not sure what they might be, but a surgeon would have to be happy that operating was safer than not operating. Obviously with something immediately life-threatening, like a perforated gut, then reasons for delaying would be less common and less likely.

• 9 years ago

do what the doctor says.

the contents of the appendix can be toxic to the body so, if it is perforated (contents can seep out) I imagine it should be removed as soon as possible.

• 9 years ago

As a medical practitioner i would say -don't go by laymen opinions in health matter.This type of problem is not so simple for me to answer here without knowing full details.I would advise you,consult your doctor as early as possible to get the best result.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

your second sentence makes no sense. please rephrase.

and well your appendix perforated is not the same as errupted, but it is serious. again, the doctors probably know more than people sitting around bored on Y!Answers do...just sayin'...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.