JustTalking asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Yelled at my dog and feel bad...?

I was trying to brush my little Shih Tzu and he bit me. It hurt and I just instantly yelled at him and then told him no. He looked surprised and scared. Now he is sleeping in the corner, ignoring me. Usually when I move, he looks up to see what I'm doing but since i yelled at him (about 45 minutes ago), he has not acknowledged me the way he usually does. I know Shih Tzu's are smart but how long do they hold a grudge, if this is what he's doing? Or perhaps he is sulking because he thought he was alpha?

Favorite Answer

I had a dachshund that would stay mad for days, it depended on what I had done. 3 days for a bath, a week for toenail clipping. You can try calling him to you in your happy voice and see if he forgives you. Just keep trying he will give in sooner or later.

Source(s): Dog ower for 40+ years

I have a shih tzu, and they are smart, indeed. But don't get too stressed. He's just like a child, he's gonna be mad at you for a bit. Every child needs to be disciplined so they know what's right from wrong, he will probably learn from that! Just go over there and pet him and cuddle him, as if you're apologizing. :)

Dogs need a pecking order in a pack. ALWAYS put them at the bottom of the pecking order. If her bites you think of what could happen if he bit someone else and got put down, you don't want that I hope so tell him no and maybe now you can call him for a pat but if he does it again yell at him and smacking his nose would also help. put him outside if you can and wait a little b4 giving him attention.

You need to be dominate...do not feel bad. shih tzus are notorious for being very stubborn. give him some time. As soon as you give him a treat he will be over it

haha, don't worry he's probably just a bit jumpy. He'll be following you around in no time lol.Maybe try playing with him or giving him a treat to speed up the "forgiving process" ;p

You'd better be sure YOU become alpha ... train the little beast before he bites someone else and YOU get blamed while he is put to sleep............Speak to a professional trainer ... a vicious untrained dog is no joke ... even a little one .................

Source(s): Former professional dog trainer .

That's why they call it tough love, it's tough for both parties.

He'll get over it, dogs tend to live in the moment.

just talk to him and pet him, give him treats if you want.

they are smart, but they'll come back to you when you show affection, I guess.

hes upset you put him in his place

dnt feel baad about it he will get over it soon(: