What does is it mean to Redeem coupons?

So, me and my mother have been watching Extreme Couponing and we're inspired :) But, we get confused when the coupons mention 'redeem'. What does it mean to redeem your coupon. Is that just another word for using your coupon? Like to redeem it is to use it? I have one that says 'Redeem At Dollar General'. What does it mean by REDEEM???

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

To use it;

to give value to it, since right now it's just a piece of paper. So, REDEEM is to give it its value, which is the amount of money you're saving.

• milak
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Redeemed Definition

• Cherie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Redeeming a coupon is the act of "cashing in" or "exchanging" a coupon in some form to receive a discount on a purchase. In this specific case it means that the discount offer has already been used in a previous purchase and cannot be used to buy at a discount again.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does is it mean to Redeem coupons?

So, me and my mother have been watching Extreme Couponing and we're inspired :) But, we get confused when the coupons mention 'redeem'. What does it mean to redeem your coupon. Is that just another word for using your coupon? Like to redeem it is to use it? I have one that says...

Source(s): redeem coupons: https://tr.im/Nvkr7
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yep, you've got it! To redeem it is to use it. It's like using a gift card, it doesn't hold much value until you redeem it for a free meal. Make sense?

By the way, you can follow my favorite Extreme Couponer's free online lesson (http://embracingbeauty.com/extreme-couponing-101-s... where she shows you how to do what she does step-by-step. I'm loving it!

• 9 years ago

Redeem means to use the coupon at the store, so you are getting the value in dollars for what the coupon is worth

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Redeem means to cash in or exchange. Coupons provide a discount on the goods and services of the merchant offering them. Thus when you redeem coupons you receive a discount on the goods or services you acquire.

• 9 years ago

It means you might have 2 use at tahr specific store,then there are coupons you can use anywhere for specific items hope this helps =}

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.