Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 9 years ago

Who's taking the AP Chemistry Exam and how prepared do you feel?

• Best Answer

I feel like I'm at a 4 level based on my raw multiple choice scores on practice exams. :/

How about you?

I'm not taking it this year, but I took it last year. Around this time, I was definitely not as prepared as I wanted to be. I tended to procrastinate too often instead of strengthening the areas I was the weakest at (kinda like what I'm doing for AP Physics this year...).

All in all, it didn't end up too badly. I completely forgot how to do the first FR question (could only do part a and some of part b), so that sucked. Ended up getting a 4, which isn't bad considering the circumstances.

i'm taking it monday.........soooooooooo scared.......i don't feel that prepared at all.....i can't just absorb ALL the info in a day.....so i thought since the breakdown of the test goes like this:

Structure of Matter (20%)

States of Matter (20%)

Reactions (35-40%)

Descriptive Chemistry (10-15%)

Laboratory (5-10%)

i am going to focus on knowing everything in the reactions sections as much as i can.....and out of the structure of matter i already know things like atomic stuff (mass, number, protons, neutrons), quantum numbers, electron config and all that....and i don't think questions from laboratory sections would be too hard....so there goes my about 60% of knowledge.....and my teacher said if you can get 64% of the things right on this exam...then you get a 5..,...and i'm seriously only aiming for a 3....but studying for a 5

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope you get a 5

and by the way if you want a more deailed breakdown of those sections (%)...then go to collegeboard AP info for chem...

• carlow

there are lots of techniques to coach, yet first you ought to ask your self some key questions: Am I making plans on going into something chemistry appropriate in college? Am I keen to dedicate a tremendous form of attempt into gaining wisdom of chemistry and examining? If the solutions are sure, then i could propose taking the examination. the extra credit help get you previous the early chem training, assuming you bypass, and you will in lots of cases be waiting to sign in for training until now. all people can do properly on the try, even though they are going to ought to income plenty. i could propose paying for a assessment e book and examining via in diverse cases and doing each and all of the practice assessments. bypass to the assessment training that your instructor will maximum probable be offering. Do homework at school and pay interest extra. interior the top, in case you may bypass out of a classification, you will finally end up saving money while in comparison with paying the overdue fee.

FFF THE EXAM IS TOMORROW!

there's like three chapters that i'm vague on. i hope i know everything else!