Read entire Harry Potter book series?

Would any of you who have read the series suggest reading the entire series or would it be possible to jump into the story at the last book if I've seen all the movies? Bad idea or what?

Didn't think the books would have that much more info, thanks guys I think I will probably start from the beginning and enjoy the whole series!

Favorite Answer

I think you can just jump in, but if you read the books it would be worth something more. It would touch your heart more, than just seeing it on the screen. The movies have all the important stuff, but sometimes the minor stuff are most important to really love and adore a great series such as Harry Potter. Ex: Fred and George's Jokes. Some are not featured in the movie, and I find that if I didn't read the books, I wouldn't have loved the twins so much as I do now. =)

N8) <------- Harry Potter smiley. Pass it on!!

There are some differences between the books and the films, so to get the full experience, I would read the books.

You would be able to understand most of the storyline if you jumped to the final books, but there are intricate plot points and scenes of character development that are missing from the films. Someone mentioned the Twins' jokes. The relationship between Bill and Fleur. The emotions Harry goes through. The real situation when Harry leaves Privet Drive for good. These are things the filmmakers just can't pack into the films due to the limited running time. In addition, there are some jokes that refer to other books, so if you want to be able to understand everything, read the books!

If you're worried about the length of the books, yes, they are long, but they're very easy reading. Rowling is a very descriptive writer, and so the pages fly by. She's able to make 800 pages seem like nothing because she adds so much detail. Sit back and enjoy it rather than skipping ahead!

Source(s): Harry Potter fan, English student with prior courses in comparing literature and film
  • Enjoy the series. There is so much that has been left out of the books in the movies. It's for enjoyment, not an assignment. Have fun. They are a great read.

Mmmm....no. The last couple of books have sooo much information in them, you wouldn't understand a dang thing in the last. If you HAVE to start somewhere other than the first book in the series, then I'd start at the 4th. By the end of the 4th book, Voldemort has returned and the battle between him and Harry begins. But only if you HAVE to. Please just read the whole series. It'll make more sense AND be more entertaining! (:

You can jump in, but I wouldn't recommend it. The movies leave out quite a bit in the books and the books can create a better picture if you let your imagination do the work! You'd be missing out if you started half-way into the series with the books. Read them all! Then you can say you've done it!

• honold

My fashionable is likewise the Prisoner of Azkaban and that's additionally my fashionable action picture too :) i like it by using fact it introduces us to Sirius and Lupin! lol and you will to comprehend the entire and actual tale approximately Harry's father and mom dying. and that i felt like Harry grew up alot in it additionally. My least fashionable is likewise the Chamber of secrets and techniques :( humorous factor is, I remember each and all of the books ok different than this one. i'm getting it blended up with the Philosophers Stone too. it extremely is only this one extremely did no longer bypass away a mark on me like the others. Lol I believe you with regards to the dying occasion! i could no longer stand that scene :@ i for my area skipped some pages only to be certain if something reliable will ensue so i ought to get via it lol.

Read them books are always better than movies there's stuff in the books that are not in the movies so they're slightly different its worth the read though they're great

yep you can jump in as long as you have seen the movies before the book. I did that before the 6th and 7th movies came out and i read the last two books only :)

• Em

You could jump into then but there is sosososo much the movies do not include. I can go on for a long time with my friends about these things ahaha..

definitely read the whole thing. the seventh book really ties in all these loose ties from the previous books., you could just jump in, but you would enjoy it so much more if you read it. trust me

:)