Should I go to Penn State or University of Maryland?

I've been accepted into both the Smeal College of Business and the Schreyer Honors College at Penn State- University Park for the Fall of 2011 as well as the Robert H. Smith School of Business and the Honors College at the University of Maryland- College Park (I selected EIP as from the 6 living learning options for honors students in case anyone is familair with the UMCP Honors Program). As deposits are due tommorrow, I've had a heck of a time with my decision. I live in Pennsylvania,so obviously I'd get in state tuition at PSU plus a $3,500 scholarship per year for 4 years. However, in case you don't know, PSU is the most expensive state school in the country in-state, and after deducting a $5,000 scholarship from Maryland that will be adjusted for tuition increases, UMPC is only a couple thousand dollars more. Both business schools are similarly ranked, the honors programs are often cited as two of the best in the country and PSU is ranked #1 by job recruiters while UMPC is right behind at #8. Personally, I thought Maryland had a nicer campus but Penn State has a much much nicer college town.

Basicially just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences with either university they could share. I also got into University of Pittsburgh honors, Miami University honors, and Indiana University honors as well as William and Mary if anyone has anything to say about those schools even though I narrowed it down to PSU and UMCP. Yes, I've visitied all the schools (except W&M) and I realize that I need to make this decision for myself and not rely on random people on the internet but it would be awesome if anyone had some additional imput. Thanks!

• MM
    Favorite Answer

University Park might be a nice college town...but is it nice enough that you think you can deal with it as your entire social life for four years? I don't know; maybe you can. Me, I'd rather be close to a city (a city with lots of internship opportunities, no less) and other schools for the times when being on campus gets tiring.

Also, the undergrad programs might be similarly ranked, but my understanding is that Smith has a much better grad program. Something to keep in mind if you're hoping to take advanced courses toward the end of your undergraduate career. On the other hand, if you're hoping to work in Pennsylvania after you graduate, Penn State may give you a slight advantage in terms of building a network. Think about your ideal jobs and do as much research as you can in what little time you've got left into where alumni from both places ended up.

Umd Penn State

• amo

Md Vs Penn State

My mother in law is the director of financing for UMD, it's a great school to go to and college life is actually better there than PSU. You'll find that UMD is very lovely, and is situated in a good town. Also, MD is a lot cleaner than PA and there is a lot of educational enrichment that you can get in MD for free. It also has a plethora of nice nightlife and the people are very friendly.

I personally believe that you should try a different experience and go to school in a different state. MD is a great state to do that in, I know because I'm from NY and couldn't be happier living here.

I might also include that my husband has gone there--along with his 2 brothers and 1 sister. They all had a great experience and are very successful in their careers. My husband works for Lockheed Martin in Alexandria, Va along with his brother in computer security. His other brother works for a large business firm in DC and his sister is an editor for the Washington Post.

• Keyo

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avCQ9

If you're pre-med then it really doesn't matter. If you're a Maryland resident, go to University of Maryland. If you're a Pennsylvania resident, go to Penn State. Whichever is cheaper for you. The important thing is to get a really really high GPA, regardless of major

If you have time, compare the general education and major requirements for the majors of interest to you. Sometimes one set of requirements is more appealing than another (e.g more or less math, foreign language, writing, interesting business courses, etc.)

All universities in the US are the same. They produce lots of flunkeys and lackeys that always become leeches and thieves.

Source(s): The fact.