Does anybody else feel that religion is a gateway drug?

The biggest problem with religion, like marijuana, is what it can lead to. Marijuana, .like religion, is fairly benign, yes it has its side effect but it is not really harmful (especially in moderation). What the real fear is with marijuana, and religion, is that it can lead to worse stuff (like Cocaine, Heroine,... show more The biggest problem with religion, like marijuana, is what it can lead to. Marijuana, .like religion, is fairly benign, yes it has its side effect but it is not really harmful (especially in moderation). What the real fear is with marijuana, and religion, is that it can lead to worse stuff (like Cocaine, Heroine, rejecting evolution, voting against your own best interest). So the "War on Drugs", like the Atheists, have tried to eliminate that which kicks off these real evils.

The Harder Drugs that religion leads to are as follows:
-Not demanding answers to difficult questions and just taking someones (most likely your pasture or priest) word for it.: This is dangerous because:
- You will deny science without due research
- You will vote for someone without due research
- You will believe news stories that people with agendas put forward with out doing research
- because of this you will be used to commit atrocities that are neither in line with what you think or in your best interest ( you will be used)

- You will divide people unnecessarily and cause wars and hardships over dogma

This scenario is what truly terrifies me about religion, and I think what makes religious people dangerous and bad citizens. I am an Atheist, but I also am against religion. One does not necessarily have to do with the other. If religion led less to dangerous things I still wouldn't believe, but I would think that it was less dangerous, hence fight against it less.

So I am looking for who thinks the real problem with religion is that it leads to irresponsible living, and religion itself (if kept to itself) is not such a big problem?