Eating food left out?

What is the deal with people saying you cant eat COOKED food i.e. chicken that has been left out for more than two hours. I routinely order boneless wings eat what i cant close the styrofoam container and leave it on my counter overnight, then eat them the next day without heating them up and have never even had... show more What is the deal with people saying you cant eat COOKED food i.e. chicken that has been left out for more than two hours. I routinely order boneless wings eat what i cant close the styrofoam container and leave it on my counter overnight, then eat them the next day without heating them up and have never even had an upset stomach because of it...i just dont get why people are so uptight about food. Maybe its my having been in the military that makes me think this is not a big deal as you eat all sorts of nasty things there. But again I am wondering why people sware up and down that you shouldn't do this and I have done it at least 50 times and have never gotten sick. Any enlightening answers would be greatly appreciated
Update: Bill - Thank you. Finally someone who is not insane about food comes out and tells the truth. What is with these people that swear you will get sick from eating cooked food if its not immediately refrigerated