Diana asked in TravelLatin AmericaEcuador · 9 years ago

How much money should I bring to Ecuador.?

My first time going without my parents so I'm just curious how much money should bring. I'm going with my fiance and staying with my relatives there for 2 weeks so I wouldn't need a hotel and my airlines tickets are already paid for. Out of the 2 weeks I want to go to Galapagos. How much is that going to cost me? I already did my own research but haven't got clear answers yet.

• OC
    Favorite Answer

Hi there,

I spent some time in Ecuador last year, and the country is pretty inexpensive with one exception, and that is Galapagos. A one week trip to the Galapalos Islands is about $ 1,500.00 to $ 2,000.00 per person all inclusive (airfare from Quito or Guayaquil, cruise on a boat through the islands, meals, etc.). Sometime they have specials and you can save some money.

Everything else is pretty cheap. You can get a "Comida tipica" consisting of a soup, some rice or beans, some veggies, a little meat, and a beverage for under $ 2.00. If you prefer fast food like McDonalds, KFC, etc. (I hope not, Lol), you pay more than in the U.S. If you wanna buy food for yourself like vegetables, fruit, etc. then go to the local markets. They also have American style supermarkets like "Super Maxi", however, they are usually 20% to 100% higher than in the U.S. because most of their products are imported. Also, hard liquor is very expensive in Ecuador, but beer is not.

Have a great time.