Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

loosing weight/ dieting tips?

im 17 and over the last few months since ive joined college ive put on quite a bit of weight.. Im not fat but ive lost my old petite figure:\ especially as my thighs are massive and my tummy is not so slim as before, i feel so stubby and pear shaped next to my skinny friends. The thing is i now do more exercise, i walk everywhere, go the gym and do yoga but this doesnt appear to be toning me in the right places. Any tips on slimming down your figure especially my thighs:\ which are beginning to have celluite!!! And any good realistic diet books for teenagers? that i could be buy! Anything that has worked for any of you? Sorry for the long question

Thanks! X

Thanks everyone! And are there any other causing for celuite because i actually dont each much dairy :\

Favorite Answer

Eat healthy: eat 3 whole meals a day. For your meals, you want something healthy and that fills you up so that you don't get hungry again for a long time. You need to also make healthy choices like eating whole wheat bread or whole grain bread instead of white bread and brown rice instead of white rice. Cut all junk food. They are bad for you and cause weight gain fast. Cut fast food as well! If you get hungry in between your 3 meals, eat a piece of fruit/vegetable, low-fat yogurt, skim milk, or fruit juice. THey are all good and healthy and will burn fat. As well as eating healthy, combine with exercise and you will lose the weight healthfully and easily. Diets don't work in the long run. When you consume too little, or deprive yourself of certain foods, you are also not getting the essential nutrients. That's why everyone gain the weight back and more in diets. Diet's are a plan for fail. INstead, just focus on eating healthy. You will feel better, look better, and perform better. Opt for a healthy lifestyle, not a fad diet. that's how you lose weight and keep it off for good.

For the exercise, don't overdo yourself. Just walking, jogging for 1 hour each day will be more than enough. Rememeber to rest for 1 day of the week. Also, if 1 hour is too long for you, you can BREAK IT DOWN thorughout the day. Nobody said you have to get it all done in one shot, just do some after you wake up, some in the afternoon myabe, and sometime before or after dinner. It's more managaeable that way. Walking, jogging, running or swimming are aerobic/cardio exercises and they burn the most calories and fat. They will make you strengthen or build your muscle and keep you burning more calories and fat.

eat healthy and exercise is the golden rule of losing weight. Good luck hun :)

Hey! :) Okay you wan't too loose weight, that's understandable. Everyone want's too be skinny & look good. So I have the perfect plan for you! Worked for me! :) You want too drink as much water as possible in a day. And drink nothing else but water! NO SODA. And no deserts! No candy! No sugars!! And you can't snack through out the day at all! Did you know the average person gains 800 calorie per day from snacking! WOW! Breakfast- something very light! Maybe a fruit, or some low fat yogurt? No milk.. Lunch - Cut down the portion! Try to cut it half down. make sure its low fat/healthy. No fries or bread especially. And dinner try to cut the portion down half again. Dont just fill yourself for no reason, because your bored. That's why most people are over weight because they eat when they are bored. Try not to uae salt,or sauces like ketchup or mustard. And try not to eat carbs! For exercise. If its possible join the local YMCA, or a local gym. If thats not possible run around the block once every night or even bike around the block. Like the first week run around the block once every night or once every other night. Then week 3 run around the block twice! Set your goals! You could also play a sport, just for fun and for the exercise. Or go swimming, or play with friends outside. And look up on youtube for good exercises to do to loose weight. Or you could buy the wii fitness board. And do 50 crunches per night! :) Good luck! xx

• Ben

Most people don't understand that 60-80% of your results come from the work you do in the kitchen. The remaining progress 20-40% comes from what you do in the gym.

From the description of your body, it sounds like you eat a lot of cheese and dairy. (This is causing the cellulite)

Read a book called "Skinny Bithc". Read the whole thing from the intro. It will help you see things in a new way. I read "Skinny Bastard". They are the same authors, they will tell you how it is, sometimes with harsh language. I have had a 6-pack ever since...

Another book I like is "Thrive Diet" by Brendan Brazier.

Other ones that have some good info, and some just ok info are:

"The abs-diet" by mens health

"Body for life"

STAY ASLEEP LONGER

Getting to bed just 30 minutes earlier and waking up 30 minutes later than you normally do can help you make better food choices, researchers report. Also, when you're well-rested, you're less prone to snacking out of fatigue or stress.

think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor

My best advice is to either eat a couple times a week, or convulse what you eat, I know what im saying is controversial but it really gets you the quickest results

get an online weight loss buddy to lose more weight

not only will you get in some exercise you re less likely to choose something unhealthy after a little movement

Add extra few minutes to a workout

Exercise each day is more effective than weekend workouts