what do you think of the name Thayer?

i like it and do u like it more than tatum? for a boy.

Favorite Answer

Thayer is a famous surname in military circles.

Sylvanus Thayer is called "the Father of West Point". He was an early superintendent of the United States Military Academy at West Point and an early advocate of engineering education in the United States. His name appears in different locations from the Thayer Hotel to Thayer Drive to Thayer Hall.

Thay is an uncommonly unattractive nn and I heartily dislike Thayer as a first name for anyone whose family does not have a strong USMA tradition.

Tatum is FEMININE:

TATUM

Gender: Feminine

Usage: English (Modern)

Pronounced: TA-təm

From a surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "Tata's homestead" in Old English.

As it always reminds me of "taters", I find it singularly unappealing.

• ?

Thayer Name

• ?

Thayer Wilkins. Thayer Fitzpatrick. Thayer Clark. Thayer Austin. Thayer West. Thayer Deacon. Thayer Mason. Thayer Williams. Thayer Abbott. Thayer Dawson. Thayer Bennett. Thayer Brooks. Thayer Davis. Thayer Finnegan. Thayer Rodriguez. Thayer Gale. Thayer Finch. Thayer Garrett. Thayer Jacobs. Thayer Leech. Thayer Nolan. Thayer Roberts. Thayer Andrews. Thayer Heath. Thayer Landon. Thayer Holden. Thayer Nash. Thayer Colton. Thayer Marshall. :]

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what do you think of the name Thayer?

Source(s): thayer: https://shortly.im/GOGfI

I like the name Thayer lots! It's unique and has a good ring to it! Much beter than Tatum.

OMG!!

I never thought i would see it here!!

Yes i adore it!!

I fell in love with the name Thayer since i read a book and there were 4 sons:

Thayer

Callum

Soren

Xander

Tatum? errrm? Tat...Tum...tom ..tim..tam.. = NO :)

Thayer is a last name and that child will be picked on mercilessly.

Slayer, Bayer, Prayer, Mayor - poor kid.

Tatum is better.

• Beeds

It's okay but I like Tatum way better

• Nicola

Nah... strikes me as surname-y and pretentious. And has ZERO good nicknames.

Tatum isn't much better.

• xoxo

Awkward and a last name, not even a cute one. Tatum is better.