Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what do you think of the name Thayer?

i like it and do u like it more than tatum? for a boy.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Thayer is a famous surname in military circles.

Sylvanus Thayer is called "the Father of West Point". He was an early superintendent of the United States Military Academy at West Point and an early advocate of engineering education in the United States. His name appears in different locations from the Thayer Hotel to Thayer Drive to Thayer Hall.

Thay is an uncommonly unattractive nn and I heartily dislike Thayer as a first name for anyone whose family does not have a strong USMA tradition.

Tatum is FEMININE:

TATUM

Usage: English (Modern)

Pronounced: TA-təm

From a surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "Tata's homestead" in Old English.

As it always reminds me of "taters", I find it singularly unappealing.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Thayer Name

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Thayer Wilkins. Thayer Fitzpatrick. Thayer Clark. Thayer Austin. Thayer West. Thayer Deacon. Thayer Mason. Thayer Williams. Thayer Abbott. Thayer Dawson. Thayer Bennett. Thayer Brooks. Thayer Davis. Thayer Finnegan. Thayer Rodriguez. Thayer Gale. Thayer Finch. Thayer Garrett. Thayer Jacobs. Thayer Leech. Thayer Nolan. Thayer Roberts. Thayer Andrews. Thayer Heath. Thayer Landon. Thayer Holden. Thayer Nash. Thayer Colton. Thayer Marshall. :]

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what do you think of the name Thayer?

i like it and do u like it more than tatum? for a boy.

Source(s): thayer: https://shortly.im/GOGfI
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I like the name Thayer lots! It's unique and has a good ring to it! Much beter than Tatum.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OMG!!

I never thought i would see it here!!

Yes i adore it!!

I fell in love with the name Thayer since i read a book and there were 4 sons:

Thayer

Callum

Soren

Xander

Tatum? errrm? Tat...Tum...tom ..tim..tam.. = NO :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Thayer is a last name and that child will be picked on mercilessly.

Slayer, Bayer, Prayer, Mayor - poor kid.

Tatum is better.

• Beeds
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It's okay but I like Tatum way better

• Nicola
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Nah... strikes me as surname-y and pretentious. And has ZERO good nicknames.

Tatum isn't much better.

• xoxo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Awkward and a last name, not even a cute one. Tatum is better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.