To make youtube videos for the Arab world, should I speak in Modern Standard Arabic?

I spent a long time in Syria. Should I speak in the Syrian accent or Standard Arabic? My video's will be targeted towards the WHOLE of the Middle East. These video's will be on certain topics. But I only know the Syrian Accent and the Modern Standard Arabic. I am aware that nobody speaks Standard Arabic but they won't understand my syrian accent.

Thank you

Favorite Answer

I speak syrian accent too, i just got an e-mail from "Mohammed" up there *Waves to him*about this question

Listen ask yourself, if you watch MBC4 channel you'll see all turkish shows were all translated to syrian accent because it's very light and easy to understand to all countries

So i have to say go with syrian accent, every country can understand it because it's kinda close to "Fusha" (الفصحة)

I also have to ask you, seriously who speaks fusha nowadays??...NO ONE...so make it with syrian

"نحنا لغتنا هي الأسهل, أذا كان بدك شو رأيك تعمل الفيديو بالغتين وبعدين أختار أللي انتا تشوفو الأحسن" :)

Best of luck

• Syrian & Jordanian accent are the most close to the Standard Arabic so u have no problem ;)

Just speak like you talk to your family! use your mother accent, don't exaggerate.

Although the Syrian accent is lovely....

usually any arabic Speaker can understand different accent with no difficulty. so the accent doesn't matter as long as you speak clearly. however, if you think your accent isn't clear enough then just talk in stander arabic so every one can understand.

Majority of educated (High school and or University) speak universal Fus-ha "Standard Arabic".

Best to speak in MSA. That is what they use in news shows. I'm guessing that is the type of videos you want to make? I have an Arab contact, I'll try to get him to answer :))

every one understands standard Arabic , stay away from any accents

These days you can learn how to speak Arabic over the internet. Check out this online course, it's voted as the best Arabic online course of all time: http://www.rocketlearner.com/arabic The course is very easy to follow, I was able to learn Arabic in just 3 months.

I live in New York City, I wanted to go to a Arabic language teacher but that would have cost me over $800 per month. Good thing with this internet, $800 it's a lot of money for me.

If you can speak in MSA why to speak in dialects?

stay away from dialects,MSA is understood all over the arab world,plus it shows a high education level,dialects are for daily life.

Definitely go with standard Arabic. everyone will be able to understand you, no miscommunication, and more formal in presentation. What's your channel so we can subscribe? :)

Source(s): Personal opinion