If the SEC elite was a Pro Team, would they make the NFL playoffs?

I say MAYBE! You got D and O plus the coaching. You got the tops picks! Bama and Gators are practically the NFL semi-pro teams right now. Put them all together and BAM thats power right there!!!!!

Favorite Answer

I think so.. just look at this draft so far and who all is left out there: a team might look like

Head Coach: Nick Saban

Offensive Coordinator: Gus Malzahn

Defensive Coordinator: Kirby Smart

QB: Cam Newton

RB: Mark Ingram

RB: for a senior I found Stevan Riddley

WR: Julio Jones

WR: AJ Green

WR: Darvin Adams

OT: Derrick Sherrod

OT: Lee Ziemba

OG: James Carpenter

OG: Mike Pouncey (I know he played Center last year but naturally a OG)

C: Ryan Pugh

TE: Luke Stocker or DJ Williams

Defense? (I'll go with the 3-4 since I have Smart as the DC)

DE: Marcel Dareus

DT: Nick Fairley

DE: Pernell McPhee

LB: Josh Bynes (senior got the nod)

LB: KJ Wright

LB: Kelvin Shephard

LB: Justin Houston

S: Ahmad Black

S: Mark Barron (not in the draft but he's that good)

CB: Janoris Jenkins (see Mark Barron)

CB: Patrick Peterson

That team would dominate a few teams in the NFL but it'd be the players from Auburn, LSU and Mississippi State that would be the most dominating

Edit: I has a hat is a tool.. the state of Alabama got decimated.. the whole thing.. almost 300 people dead in the 2nd deadliest tornado outbreak in US History and you have jokes? Schools full of kids hit, churches, houses, apartments.. everything wiped out.. 3 towns in Alabama are just not there anymore.. millions of people without power.. Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant on emergency generators to prevent a meltdown.. keep your jokes to yourself.. talking smack about football is fun but there are lines you don't ever cross..

• D

wait, neither Alabama nor Florida even MADE it to the National Championship game...yet you think they could compete with the NFL? Seriously, check that kool-aid you're drinking at the door. The SEC wouldn't even win a game at the professional level.

As for the coaching staff, Nick Saban was so terrible in the NFL, he went running back to college after a single season. College kids impress people in college, but you put them with the big dogs, and you'll see quickly why it's called the pros.

Ohio State has just as high a pay-roll as Alabama and almost as high as Florida. But, the best of all three of them put together couldn't compete with an NFL team.

Ohh my gosh, this would be exciting. But no. There are players in NCAA that are better than some SEC. Plus, there is no pro expierience

They would get killed. Saban lasted 1 inglorious season in the NFL, and who is going to be your qb? Cam Newton is the next Jason Campbell.

Maybe, maybe not but I know they would have a lot more class than I has a Hat. That was a really lame answer and not funny. Shows how much class you have.

Naw man they will lose to dang ol' Texas Longhorns man

Source(s): Hook em

Who's going to play quarterback?

No.

• Alex

WTF?!?!? NO!

GOD! and you wonder why people hate SEC fans!