GTAP!!
Lv 7
GTAP!! asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

What are you NFL Draft Grades?

Also comment on mine:

1. Cam Newton QB Panthers- B. They got their guy but could have gotten a star.

2. Von Miller OLB Broncos- A. Great pick

3. Marcell Dareus DT Bills- A. Great Pick

4. A.J. Green WR Bengals- A. Great Pick

5. Patrick Peterson DB Cardinals- A. Good pick

6. Julio Jones WR Falcons- B. He's a great player but they gave up to much.

7. Aldon Smith DE 49ers- B. Great player but not the biggest need.

8. Jake Locker QB Titans- B. They got a good QB but passed up Gabbert.

9. Tyron Smith OT Cowboys- A. Awesome pick for an aging line

10. Blaine Gabbert QB Jaguars- B. Awesome player but the pick didn't make sense.

11. J.J. Watt DE Texans- A. Fits their scheme

12. Christian Ponder QB Vikings- C. Ponder shouldn't have been this high and they still had Fairley on the board.

13. Nick Fairley DT Lions- B. Great player but doesn't fit need.

14. Robert Quinn DE Rams- A. Fits need but they should have gotten a DT.

15. Mike Pouncey C Dolphins- A. Greta Player

16. Ryan Kerrigan DE Redskins- A. Great player

17. Nate Solder OT Patriots- A. Great player

18. Corey Liuget DT Chargers- A. Great player

19. Prince Amukamara DB Giants- A. Great player

20. Adrian Clayborn DE Buccaneers- B. Great player but maybe Bowers.

21. Phil Taylor DT Browns- A. Good player

22. Anthony Castonzo OT Colts- A. Great player fits big need.

23. Danny Watkins OG Eagles- B. Good player

24. Cameron Jordan DE Saints- A. Great player

25. James Carpenter OG Seahawks- D. Could have gotten way better players.

26. Jonathan Baldwin WR Chiefs- B. Baldwin is good but the Chiefs need to focus on OL.

27. Jimmy Smith DB Ravens- A. Wish the LIons could have traded for this pick.

28. Mark Ingram RB Saints- A. Great player

29. Gabe Carimi OT Bears- A. Great player

30. Muhammad Wilkerson DE Jets- A. Great player

31. Cameron Heyward DE Steelers- B. Good player

32. Derek Sherrod OT Packers- A. Fits need.

BQ: What should your team do in the 2nd and 3rd round?

Update:

For Lions fans: Coulsd we trade our 3rd and 4th round pick and 3rd next year and move up to get the Pats 33rd pick. Then we pick OLB Akeem Ayers and with our regualer pick, pick a CB.

Update 2:

The Jags could have waited a year. I mean they are in contention so they need to fill their needs.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Cam Newton QB Panthers- D- they needed to address other positions when they already have a QB that can become good, second worst pick in the draft, they need to give Clausen time.

2. Von Miller OLB Broncos- A. Great pick

3. Marcell Dareus DT Bills- A. Great Pick

4. A.J. Green WR Bengals- A. Great Pick

5. Patrick Peterson DB Cardinals- B. Thought maybe they'd go after a QB.

6. Julio Jones WR Falcons- C- very good WR, but they already have a great offense (best in NFL, they needed to improve defense, maybe get JJ Watt

7. Aldon Smith DE 49ers- B. Great player but not the biggest need.

8. Jake Locker QB Titans- A- I think he's better than Gabbert and can lead this team.

9. Tyron Smith OT Cowboys- A. Awesome pick for an aging line

10. Blaine Gabbert QB Jaguars- C- Alright player, A little over rated, and they already have Garrard

11. J.J. Watt DE Texans- A. They needed to improve their defense, smart pick

12. Christian Ponder QB Vikings- F. I know they need a QB, but I think they should trade for Kolb or McNabb before they get this guy, BUST and worst pick in the draft.

13. Nick Fairley DT Lions- A. Best pick in the draft, he makes this line SICK! As a Packers fan, I'm nervous, possibly the best player in the draft, and a steat at 13.

14. Robert Quinn DE Rams- A. Great player

15. Mike Pouncey C Dolphins- A. Great Player

16. Ryan Kerrigan DE Redskins- A. Great player

17. Nate Solder OT Patriots- A. Great player, help protect Brady and their running game

18. Corey Liuget DT Chargers- A. Great player, adds to their already #1 defense

19. Prince Amukamara DB Giants- A. Great player, should have went earlier

20. Adrian Clayborn DE Buccaneers- B. Great player

21. Phil Taylor DT Browns- A. Good player

22. Anthony Castonzo OT Colts- A. Great player

23. Danny Watkins OG Eagles- B. Good player

24. Cameron Jordan DE Saints- A. Great player

25. James Carpenter OG Seahawks- B. Good player

26. Jonathan Baldwin WR Chiefs- B. Baldwin is good but the Chiefs need to focus on OL.

27. Jimmy Smith DB Ravens- A. Good pick, helps this great defense

28. Mark Ingram RB Saints- A. Great player and I wish he would have fallen 4 more spots (but I think you already knew that). It disappoints me, he'll be good for New Orleans, but he would have done better with Green Bay. I'm so upset, imagine what they could have done with him.

29. Gabe Carimi OT Bears- A. Great player

30. Muhammad Wilkerson DE Jets- A. Great player

31. Cameron Heyward DE Steelers- B. Good player

32. Derek Sherrod OT Packers- A. They needed to improve their O-Line, but I still would have rather had Ingram, good pick nonetheless.

BQ- I'm hoping for more of the same thing, O-line, maybe a RB, other than that, they are good, maybe a safety?

• 9 years ago

1. Cam Newton - A- I think he has more potential than anyone in the draft by a large margin.. "might" be a bust.. more likely to be a success as he's always been a success

2. Von Miller - A.. just a good solid pick

3. Marcel Dareus - B-.. he's a bust.. made his name off two good plays in 2009 and then basically stunk in 2010.. living off the hype and won't survive in Buffalo

4. AJ Green - B+.. he's OUTSTANDING and all that but my question is who's going to get him the ball? Could be an A pick if the Bengals replace Palmer

5. Patrick Peterson A--.. Barely an A but he is good.. the reason I give him the lower score is a lack of any QB on the roster in Arizona

6. Julio Jones: C-.. barely on the radar here.. Falcon's gave up too much and I got to question Julio in a couple of areas.. Falcon's are my team but a guy who's got suspect hands, speed and route running ability is NOT worth what the Falcon's gave up to get him

7. Aldon Smith: C.. like you said not what they need

8. Jake Locker: F.. bad pick in my opinion.. Titans could have gotten this guy in the 2nd round for less money

9. Tyron Smith.. I'd say A.. they need the line help.. but is this the best OL guy in the draft?.. I'd have taken Carimi personally

10. Blaine Gabbert: B+.. could have gone another direction but getting Gabbert here was a good spot

11. JJ Watt: B+.. good pick.. not a great one but a good one

12. Christian Ponder: F-.. tragicly bad choice.. this guy won't ever start a game in the NFL

13. Nick Fairley: A+.. sure Detroit could have gone with something on the OLine.. but c'mon Suh and Fairley next to each other on the same Line with Kile Vandenbosch? omfg that's sick

14. Robert Quinn: B.. ehh it's the Rams their picks never make sense

15. Mike Pouncey: B.. I think the Dolphins should be looking to the future at QB before the line but they might can get Mallett in round 2

16. Ryan Kerrigan: B.. great player but not sure that's the most pressing need for the team

17. Nate Solder: A-.. not my first OT to take but a good pick for the Patriots

18. Corey Liuget: A-.. might not be the most pressing need but a good choice here for the Chargers

19. Prince Amukamara: A+ in my opinion the best choice of any draft pick in the first round

20. Adrian Clayborn: A-.. good player good pick.. but may not be the best pick they could have made

21. Phil Taylor: not sure

22. Anthony Castonzo: well again I like Carimi better and he was still available

23. Danny Watkins: B.. good player decent need

24. James Carpenter: D.. not a good pick.. not at all

25. Cameron Jordan: A Saints need defense to go with that offense

26. Jonathan Baldwin A-.. I think the Chiefs need a bit of everything might as well go all Detroit or Cincy and start with receivers

27. Jimmy Smith Again Not sure..

28. Mark Ingram: A-.. I'm not sure why they need him but he's a good player

29. Gabe Carimi A++.. c'mon the best OLine guy in the country is a STEAL at #29

30: Muhammad Wilkerson A.. good pick overall

31: Cameron Heyward: B- but does keep the Ironhead Legacy alive

32: Derek Sherrod: A+ finally Mississippi State gets draft love! and the Packers need OLine badly

BQ: I think my team is done in the draft (Falcons) but my second team (Titans) need Defensive Line, Secondary and a REAL QB next time.. I mean really you run off Jeff Fisher and Vince Young to get Jake Locker?.. WHAT?!

• Jimmer
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

1. Cam Newton QB Panthers- D- (Next bust)

2. Von Miller OLB Broncos- A

3. Marcell Dareus DT Bills- A+ (In my opinion, he should have gone first)

4. A.J. Green WR Bengals- B (When they lose Carson, he will have no good QB and will get demoralized)

5. Patrick Peterson DB Cardinals- A

6. Julio Jones WR Falcons- B- (Why give up so much for a #2 WR?)

7. Aldon Smith DE 49ers- A-

8. Jake Locker QB Titans- C+ (Good player, but I don't think he fits their offense)

9. Tyron Smith OT Cowboys- A

10. Blaine Gabbert QB Jaguars- B- (Not loving the fit)

11. J.J. Watt DE Texans- A

12. Christian Ponder QB Vikings- D+ (WAY too early)

13. Nick Fairley DT Lions- B (Should have drafted Prince)

14. Robert Quinn DE Rams- A

15. Mike Pouncey C Dolphins- A-

16. Ryan Kerrigan DE Redskins- B+

17. Nate Solder OT Patriots- B

18. Corey Liuget DT Chargers- B

19. Prince Amukamara DB Giants- A (Great value)

20. Adrian Clayborn DE Buccaneers- B+

21. Phil Taylor DT Browns- B+

22. Anthony Castonzo OT Colts- A-

23. Danny Watkins OG Eagles- B+

24. Cameron Jordan DE Saints- B+

25. James Carpenter OG Seahawks- C+

26. Jonathan Baldwin WR Chiefs- B-

27. Jimmy Smith DB Ravens- B

28. Mark Ingram RB Saints- C+

29. Gabe Carimi OT Bears- B

30. Muhammad Wilkerson DE Jets- B

31. Cameron Heyward DE Steelers- A-

32. Derek Sherrod OT Packers- A-

• 1. Cam Newton F-. He is a major bust.

2. Von Miller A He has major talent and will fill the Broncos needs

3. Marcell Dareus A Will really help out the Bills d-line

4. AJ Green C I think the Bengals should've gone with Blaine Gabbert

5. Patrick Peterson A+ Excellent pick

6. Julio Jones B- I don't think it was worth trading up that much to get him

7. Aldon Smith D I think they should've gotten someone with more defensive talent such as JJ Watt or NIck Fairley or a QB.

8. Jake Locker A great pick. Best QB in the draft

9. Tyron Smith B+ He'll really improve the old and unatheletic line.

10. Blaine Gabbert A++ BYE BYE DAVID GARRARD

11. JJ Watt A Great pick for the Texans and Wade Philips and Co

12. Christian Ponder. C should've gone with Fairley or Mallett, even Dalton would be better than ponder

13. Nick Fairley A+ With him and Suh, this'll be the best D LIne in the NFL

14. Robert Quinn A

15 Mike POuncey B+

16. Ryan Kerrigan A++ I hate the redskins but I thought they might've been planning on picking Kerrigan at 10 and they get the extra draft picks

17. Nate Solder A

18. Cory Lieuget B

19. Pince Amukamara A++

20. Adrian Clayborn B should've gotten Bowers

21. Phil Taylor A++

22. Anthony Castanzo A+++++Their o-line was doing terrible

23. Danny Watkins F- BOOOO EAGLES

24. Cam Jordan A+++++ Amazing player and him and Shaun Rogers will really improve the saints D-Line

25. James Carpenter F------ WOw this surprises me the most, they need every position almost and they go with O-Line

26. Jon Baldwin D

27. Jimmy Smith C He's WAYYY Overrated

28. Mark Ingram A+++++ Look to see the Saints in the XLVI next year too

29. Gabe Carimi A Great pick

30. Muhammad Wilkerson B Great player

31. Cam Heyward C he's ok but doesn't really fit need. need more o-line

32. Derek Sherrod A Smart move.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I pretty much agree with your ratings.

BQ: Being a Jaguars fan... We traded up to get Blaine Gabbert. Though you say it doesn't make much sense... I say.... It makes perfect sense... The Jags need a QB to replace Garrard soon. He's getting up there in age. Think about it... Garrard was the back up when Mark Brunell was still the starting QB in jacksonville. Thats been awhile. He's in his mid 30's... And probably on the decline. Great Pick by the Jags.

With that being said... We traded our 2nd round pick to obtain gabbert... Therefore.... In the third round... The Jaguars need to address the Safety Position and Wide Reciever position... I say pick the best avaliable player at either of those two positions... So The rest of the draft... we need to address Wide Reciever and Defensvie Back...

• 9 years ago

Nick Fairley pick is in A because he was a steal at number 13. When you have a guy who exerts 3,500 pounds of force per hit more than Suh, on the board. You have to take him. The draft is deep with cornerbacks so the Lions can address that need later.

Honestly, I'm not to impressed with Akeem Ayers. He ran a slow 40 at the combine. I like Bruce Carter OLB out of North Carolina. He was suppose to be a top-10 pick in this draft but tore his ACL. Before his injury, he ran a 4.34 40 yard dash for a 6 2 240 pound linebacker. That is way fast for a linebacker of his size. He fits in Jim Schwartz defense much better than Ayers. If he is 100% healthy, I say we pull the trigger on him. He may even drop into the 3rd round. If he does, we could take Ras-I Dowling CB in the 2nd round and Carter in the 3rd.

• 4 years ago

You pretty much just hit it right on the head. None of these columists have the slightest clue for what is to happen to these young players. Look at Tom Brady, 6th round! Find me a columist that predicted that and ill shut up. But until then they really dont need to do that cuz they dont no if they wont get a carrer ending injury in the 2nd game of the season

• J
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

the lions deserve an A. it wasn't a need but why does that matter, they could have used an upgrade and how often is that good of a player still on the board.

Packers didn't just fill a need they got a great player.

• 9 years ago

Vikings get a F. Browns #21st pick get C. Chiefs #26th pick get D. Baldwin was projected as a 3rd round pick.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i like the seahawks, but we need a QB. we still have not signed hasselbeck. i hope mallet is still available for the hawks when it come to there pick.

Source(s): jake locker sucks
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.