promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Amy
Lv 6
Amy asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

1st alice in the wonderland?

I remeber when i was like 6 i saw a alice in the wonderland the woman was reading to the child and the child fell alseep and you know what happens after that can you tell me what movie that was which version there are so many i forgot what year that one was made it was not a cartoon real people were acting in it

Update:

umm i got it from a public library i think it was like i think i saw it 2003 or 2004

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It would help to know what year it was when you were 6. If you re-post that I think I can find it. I have seen several versions of Alice in Wonderland, live and cartoon, made in the US and in foreign countries.

Do you think you would remember the girl that played Alice if you saw her? Problem is Alice in Wonderland is anyone can make a movie about that story and many TV stations made their own. Was it in black in white? If you go to IMDB or Netflix and search for Alice in Wonderland, you might recognize the cover or the girl that played Alice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164993/ This one was made in 1999 and was rather popular but it doesn't start out with the reading a book.

There was this one made in 1985 A veritable time warp of famous faces -- including Sammy Davis Jr., Red Buttons, Roddy McDowall, Sally Struthers, Scott Baio and Ringo Starr -- takes over this updated musical version of Lewis Carroll's famed children's story. Conceived by the legendary Irwin Allen ("Lost in Space") as a vehicle for 9-year-old child star Natalie Gregory, who stars as Alice, the program originally aired as a two-part made-for-television movie.

a 1983 one - Part of PBS's "Great Performances" series, this musical version of Lewis Carroll's classic story features Richard Burton as the White Knight and Burton's daughter, Kate, as the eponymous girl who wanders into a surreal world. A host of stars includes Maureen Stapleton as the White Queen, Eve Arden as the Queen of Hearts, Donald O'Connor as the Mock Turtle, Colleen Dewhurst as the Red Queen and Nathan Lane in an early role as the Dormouse.

one made in 1972 An all-star cast highlights this vibrant musical adaptation of Lewis Carroll's immortal tale. One day, plucky young Alice (Fiona Fullerton) follows a white rabbit (Michael Crawford) down a hole and discovers a world of bizarre characters. She meets mad March Hare (Peter Sellers), enigmatic Caterpillar (Ralph Richardson), Dormouse (Dudley Moore), the haughty Queen of Hearts (Flora Robson), the curious Mad Hatter (Robert Helpmann) and many more.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.