How to set up a stronger wireless network?

I live in a apartment like complex where there is a shared internet and network, so more like a huge house with 120+ college students. Right now the wireless connection in the building is really awful and since I was just elected as the new computer room manager for next semester I wanted to drastically improve the... show more I live in a apartment like complex where there is a shared internet and network, so more like a huge house with 120+ college students. Right now the wireless connection in the building is really awful and since I was just elected as the new computer room manager for next semester I wanted to drastically improve the wireless connection. Right now, in each room there are two ethernet ports and there are multiple access points (maybe around 8) found around the building that are connected to the network through an ethernet port. If I need to buy better wireless routers, then is there a way I can make all the routers look the same so you don't have to connect to a different router every time you go somewhere else and will automatically detect which router/access point has the strongest connection and connect to it. I am buying a couple networking books but I was just wanting a quick overview on what exactly I need to do and what I need to buy in order to improve the wireless connection. Oh and does anyone know of a good networking book? Thank you very much for the help.
1 answer 1