Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What is the true nature of the Holy Spirit?

Holy Spirit is God.

But how does He function?

Favorite Answer

The Hebrew word ru′ach and the Greek pneu′ma, which are often translated “spirit,” have a number of meanings. All of them refer to that which is invisible to human sight and which gives evidence of force in motion. The Hebrew and Greek words are used with reference to (1) wind, (2) the active life-force in earthly creatures, (3) the impelling force that issues from a person’s figurative heart and that causes him to say and do things in a certain way, (4) inspired utterances originating with an invisible source, (5) spirit persons, and (6) God’s active force, or holy spirit. Several of these usages are here discussed in relation to topics that may arise in the field ministry.

What is the holy spirit?

A comparison of Bible texts that refer to the holy spirit shows that it is spoken of as ‘filling’ people; they can be ‘baptized’ with it; and they can be “anointed” with it. (Luke 1:41; Matt. 3:11; Acts 10:38) None of these expressions would be appropriate if the holy spirit were a person.

Jesus also referred to the holy spirit as a “helper” (Greek, pa‧ra′kle‧tos), and he said that this helper would “teach,” “bear witness,” “speak,” and ‘hear.’ (John 14:16, 17, 26; 15:26; 16:13) It is not unusual in the Scriptures for something to be personified. For example, wisdom is said to have “children.” (Luke 7:35) Sin and death are spoken of as being kings. (Rom. 5:14, 21) While some texts say that the spirit “spoke,” other passages make clear that this was done through angels or humans. (Acts 4:24, 25; 28:25; Matt. 10:19, 20; compare Acts 20:23 with 21:10, 11.) At 1 John 5:6-8, not only the spirit but also “the water and the blood” are said to ‘bear witness.’ So, none of the expressions found in these texts in themselves prove that the holy spirit is a person.

The correct identification of the holy spirit must fit all the scriptures that refer to that spirit. With this viewpoint, it is logical to conclude that the holy spirit is the active force of God. It is not a person but is a powerful force that God causes to emanate from himself to accomplish his holy will.—Ps. 104:30; 2 Pet. 1:21; Acts 4:31.

Source(s): brs

When you build a true relationship with God and his son Jesus and sometimes you are praying you will feel his presence over you. It is very warm and peaceful. Almost like theres a giant hand on your head and body. It really is peaceful. you just know that you are doing something good and that he loves you. You also get instant joy and happiness. Thats how you know. Sometimes you can speak to hm and tell him your sad and just say, Lord I am really sad can you do something for me so that I know you love me. All of a sudden I can be sitting on my deck and this beautfiul rainbow will appear just for me. Or he will send a close friend to check on me and bring me a treat. Thats how he loves. Sometimes I didn't have enough money to eat and one of my co workers, without knowing would give me her full untouched meal. His ways are mysterious and grand. You cant really put nature and holy spirit in the same sentence. He knows what you need, when you need it and if you keep talking to him not only do you have his love, but wow who else can protect you but him with his legions of angels. He has protected me many times, too many times to tell.

The true nature of the holy spirit is quixotic. But shhhhhh it's a secret.

Holy Spirit is eternal life. It is the gift one receives when they believe as the scripture has said.

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

• ....

He shows us our sin and points that something has to be done about it. He shows us the love of God. He helps us to Grow in Christ. He seals us with His Spirit making us children of God. He transforms our lives. He is the Spirit of truth!

If a Catholic Priest says a blessing over a bottle of Vodka - you get Holy Spirit.

What is so hard to believe about that?

As man's nature is fear driven by greed, the spirit is driven by love, kindness, gentleness, enduring all things, believing all things, love never fails.

The true nature is imaginary.

It's true nature is that it is fictional.