Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 10 years ago

Thinking With Portals?

Ok, stay with me. If I shot a portal onto a wall, and another to a wall above it, what would happen if the wall with a portal on it fell into the other wall's portal?

Favorite Answer

Considering you are working off string theory and quantum mechanics then in essence the portal that fell into the other (portal a) would have to be stronger (than portal b), if not it would become engulfed and portal a would collapse into portal b. But if they were the same strength then portal a would level out portal b and we would have perpetual motion and sustainability, like gravity but stronger and on a smaller scale.

Source(s): My own mind and what I learned from the documentary, The Elegant Universe

I think they would cancel each other out and just make a hole that went from one side of the walls to the other.