What can i use to clean an airsoft gun?

I just got a jg 36c yesterday and havent fired it yet. I did charge the battery last night, juss sayin. Now i need to know if i need to clean it now or when and what to use.

First, i have paper towels, cotton pads, cotton balls, tissue paper, toilet paper. Which one should i use? I thought that all of the "paper" items, when cleaning, would leave little paper-like dust particles behind just like when blowing your nose or if you rub you fingers against them you will see what i mean. Which would completely void the point of cleaning the gun.

Second, what kind of 100% silicon oil can i get from walmart that can be used to clean an airsoft gun, and what is the price? Yes, i know that there cant be any additives in it. Please, tell me something i dont know.

Just curious, but not curious enough to try it, what would happen if i used mineral oil to clean? And, if you know, which "additives" are the ones that can mess up the gun?

Favorite Answer

take the cleaning rod that came with it and put a small piece of CLEAN cloth though the hole in the end, use airsoft silicon oil (its not worth messing up a good barrel for the price of a $5 can of oil on evike.com) spray some lube on the cloth and shove it down the barrel a few times while twisting it.

I recommend using an actual cloth (wash cloth towel, or clothing article) to clean your new gun. The type of silicone spray you want is not available in most grocery stores. I recommend getting it off of a site like Evike, Shorty USA, etc. I completely gunked up an old gun with WD40 once. not recommened... I'm srry if this is bad news, the lube can be expensive...

Source(s): Evike.com ShortyUSA.com

wrap a cotton ball with tp and shove it in there and spin