Which AR-15 to purchase?

In July I will be moving to a new house. For the past 2 months I have been putting aside money for a gun fund, so come July I should have enough to purchase myself a nice m4 type AR-15. I know there is a millions different websites I could read off of, but I would like to hear peopleS opinion not the 1 man writing... show more In July I will be moving to a new house. For the past 2 months I have been putting aside money for a gun fund, so come July I should have enough to purchase myself a nice m4 type AR-15. I know there is a millions different websites I could read off of, but I would like to hear peopleS opinion not the 1 man writing the article. Here are my concerns in this order:

Quality because Ide like a shockingly accurate rifle that shoots well AND something I will have when I am 80 years old

Components IE chrome lined, H buffer (what is the deal with the "H" buffer?) Metal or carbon, flat top, rail style ect

Resale value. Right now I make a good amount of money, but $1,000PLUS is a lot of money to put out on something that realistically I hopefully will never actually NEED. If I fall on hard times could i see an AR-15 as money in the bank?

Also whats the deal with flash suppressors?? I would much rather have a detachable one! Chances are Im not going to war any time soon so I would rather have the aesthetic effect of the muzzle flash

I have months to decide, but right off the bat I am leaning twords a Bushmaster XM-15 m4 style. I could step up the savings and go for the $1,500 Colt but man that is a LOT of money for something thats going to sit.

ANY of your wisdom on anything related to AR-15's would be greatly greatly appreciated