Why am I getting a FFC-1 notice when attempting to access my email account?

Several times today I have attempted to access my email account and get a FFC-1 notice saying, "oops!" What gives? Accessing my emails is critical. As a Plus subscriber I would expect better service.

Best Answer

There is currently a problem. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

"Yahoo mail is currently inaccessible to some users. We are working to correct the issue and restore all functionality immediately. We know that this may have caused some inconvenience and we apologize to our users who might be affected."

ʎəɿʞɹɐq ȏ͜.ȏ

The official answer:

Yahoo mail is currently inaccessible to some users. We are working to correct the issue and restore all functionality immediately. We know that this may have caused some inconvenience and we apologize to our users who might be affected.

There is currently a major outage. Its hitting a great many people.

These problems have gotten worse on Yahoo. If Yahoo doesn't fix them more quickly, or if they continue to crop up from time to time, Yahoo isn't going to be in business in a year or two. For Yahoo Plus Users there is a PARTIAL work-around: create a G-Mail account and then be sure to forward all of your Yahoo emails to your G-Mail account. I could not get any access to my regular Yahoo email account, so I 'upgraded' today to Yahoo Plus -- and of course they had access to signing up for Plus because they wanted to charge $19.95. I was able to get into Plus and then create a forwarding function to send all of my Yahoo emails to my G-Mail account. I still cannot access ANY Yahoo emails, but at least all new emails being sent to me at Yahoo are being forwarded and receiving at my G-Mail account. The problem, of course, is that you cannot look at any Yahoo emails that you received (or sent) prior to the time the forwarding function is turned-on. This is all a huge disaster for Yahoo, and it will continue to fall further and further behind G-Mail and lose more and more users.