I sent a customer a package, tracking says it was delivered, but they never received it.?

I sold something on my eCommerce website to a customer and shipped it out via USPS Priority Mail like I always do. The package only went a couple hundred miles south of me. Anyways, the customer emailed me back a week after the tracking showed it was delivered and tells me they still haven't received it. I... show more I sold something on my eCommerce website to a customer and shipped it out via USPS Priority Mail like I always do. The package only went a couple hundred miles south of me. Anyways, the customer emailed me back a week after the tracking showed it was delivered and tells me they still haven't received it. I opened up a case with USPS to investigate the matter but that hasn't led to anything. I contacted their local post office where the package went through and they said the currier delivered it and left it by the door of the customer in their apt building.

So now its been 2 weeks since the package was "delivered" and its clear that either the package was stolen or the customer is lying (which i dont think is the case). So I sold a $220 product and now its vanished.. As a believer in good customer service, and at the same time being a very small one man business, I am not sure what to do.. I could refund the money and forget the sale (and lose my $220 product), I can re-send them another item (and lose my $220 product), or tell them tough luck its not my responsibility since the package was delivered (and keep $220). Any suggestions?